Ever had the unpleasant need to repossess a horse?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have bought several horses on payments, but always offer references from previous sellers as proof of my reliability. Thank you to those of you that have allowed me to do that. On the other hand, I would never allow payments on a horse that I was selling without getting references from people that I know.

Good luck to those of you who have been stiffed.

I've only had a problem with someone who stiffed me for the money of a C-section for a mare she "couldn't afford to feed". She came on my property when she knew I wasn't home to get her mare (after she had recovered). She ignored all payment requests from my vet, who I felt obligated to pay because he performed the C-section at my request (after I had gotten a verbal ok from the owner). So, it was a $1800 lesson learned.

If I know you and you have a good reputation, I'd probably let the horse go on a contract. Ontherwise, he stays here until paid in full. Just safer that way and DOES tend to make the buyer pay a bit faster, as they want their new baby NOW!!

Latest posts

Back