What can you do with a miniature horse?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erickson Miniature Horses

Reaction score
I'm currently writing a blog about everything you can do with a miniature horse, since I'm always being asked "What can you do with them?"

Here is the list of what I've come up with so far. Almost all of these things I've done with my miniatures or else I've seen them done.

Does anyone have anything to add to the list that I missing?

-Show Jumping

-Hunter Jumping

-Liberty (shankless)

-Obstacle

-Tricks

-Gymkhana

-Trail walks or camping

-Pole bending

-Barrel racing

-Dressage

-Parades

-Plowing

-Therapy

-Harness Racing (like Standardbreds)

-Riding (small children)

-Halter classes (showmanship, etc.)

-Driving (Endurance, obstacle, pleasure, ect.)

combined driving events....driven dressage, cones, scurry, derby, marathon....your list is good....

I use mine to haul tree tops and brush like you would use full size horses for logging. Showmanship is big with them around here too. As are birthday parties.

And because of their size the calm ones are great as "therapy" horses.....ie, taking to nursing homes and children's hospitals.

They are also used for onsite "therapy" at your home.....having kids with issues work with them (grooming, walking) and some

senior citizen homes bring their residents to YOU so they can pet and groom. Yes, you have a good list going.....

Mine are simply used for pleasure. Friends of mine that have children, love to come and brush them and take them for walks.

And being very placid , they are great to teach children about taking care of them.

I will also say "Lawn mowing" But I would only ever say that to knowledgeable horse people. I would hate to think someone would buy one just to keep the grass down and not give them the care that is required.

Great list
default_smile.png

4061109.jpg

Though you could literally mow the lawn with them Ryan
default_smile.png
I certainly plan on finding one of these! Then I'd be happy to do the chore.

(If anyone comes across one or knows where to get one for a mini... let me know! haha)

I think you have an excellent list going.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back