Erica,,,,,,,,ERICA,,,,,,,,looks like one of the mares

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea what is holding Echo up........other than it got a little chilly last night (30's...) If she was being REALLY picky
default_smile.png

I turned CC out, as I don't feel she will go for a few days-week, even though she is milk testing ready, eveything else basically looks the same as it did almost a week ago.

NOW, onto Penny and Echo, Their Udders are Huge, to the point where there's no possible way they can get any bigger at all, milk down in nipples that are pointing straight down, inside Vulva is RED, tailhead soft.

And Jill I agree Echo has been "off" all yesterday afternoon and already this morning to me.......so ???? I told her now she best wait until 5pm, but I don't count on it.

Erica, I saw you go into the stall at around 8:30 (or so?) my time and check on Echo...and looked like you were giving her a "peptalk"...lol...I didnt watch past 9 pm, but left the cams on so I could check it...can't beleive she held out all night...*sigh*...mares!!
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_wacko.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Erica, I saw you go onto the stall at around 8:30 (or so?) my time and check on Echo...and looked like you were giving her a "peptalk"...lol...I didnt watch past 9 pm, but left the cams on so I could check it...can't beleive she held out all night...*sigh*...mares!!
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_wacko.png
:
I saw that too Linda! :bgrin I also stopped watching about 10:30 last night and also left the cam open fully expecting a foal to be on the ground this morning at 4:00am when I get up!
default_wacko.png
: :bgrin

Glad to see she held out for me! :bgrin

I will be watching! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeri

We are all sick around here, so I've been up mostly the last three nights and watching these girls closely!! Echo was very busy last night rubbing, walking, laying out, and I'm sure Sighing... So I can't help but think the time is VERY near!! I'm so excited to be able to watch this and share it with you all! :lol:

Erica,

I feel your "sleep-deprived pain" - I think we all do this time of year. A friend of mine is watching her mare who is also about to pop and her 8 year old daughter came up with the perfect reason for the mare not foaling yet"

"Well, Mom, she must be putting the finishing touches on the ears!"

I thought it was pretty cute, so now I am using that one to explain why my mares haven't had their babies yet!

Good luck - I am sure that all will be just fine and that the babies will be stunning -- as usual!

Stac

I think Echo is in labor and pushing now!

.....maybe not...back up again.....

.....that little teaser...she can't hold that baby back much longer...

shes still doing the squirrel tail!! maybe soon? wish they could stop the camera lol

Last edited:
these wishful thoughts might be helping, shes doing alot of tail swishing :lol:

Jodi and i watch till the wee hours of the morning!:) and talk back and froth on AIM.

Im going to be bottle feeding 4 baby.
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_wub.png
: so im not going to get much sleep any ways. plus I dont sleep at night. Mine as well put my self to some good use!
default_yes.gif
:

I will stop the camera if one goes into labor, but can't before, as Penny is just as close....and don't want to be able to only see one on the cams and the other be out. Luckily for Echo and Peny if they hurry up with it they can probably be the only two on cam tonight, which won't be the case come this weekend as there are others that are getting really close and probably all 4 cams will be in use.

I'll be home in 30mins, so she's waited this long she better wait or momma's gonna get her :bgrin

If for some reason she starts labor on my way home you can call my cell on marestare or other number to get ahold of is grandad (who has the breeder alert now) 870-668-3056

I think we will SURELY have a baby (maybe two) tonight......she can't cross her legs forever.

I do see quite a bit of tail swishing. I sure hope it is tonight.

I hope I don't miss it.

Erica, can you change the amount of time the camera stays on a horse?

Keep the times just they way they are Erica, it works just fine, especially since you stop when foaling.

I was only asking for educational reasons. We are looking to get cameras.

Sorry if it appeared to mean something else. It would be nice to be able to regulate different times for different situation.

Ellen, no intent to sound upset, I understood what you meant, and I really didn't mean to direct it at you.

I know with my cameras (not on the net) I can switch between the two but it gives me no time adjustments.............

I was only asking for educational reasons. We are looking to get cameras.

It would be nice to be able to regulate different times for different situation.
I agree it would be nice to be able to adjust the time intervals when switching, however like Rob my switch box does give me the ablity to to that either.
default_wacko.png
: So, we just stop it manually when we see some odd behavior or when a mare is close since our switcher box is in the house.
default_yes.gif
:

Ericas mares are so close to foaling I think it is going to be a twofur night! :new_shocked: :bgrin The question is who will go first...
default_wink.png
:

:lol: :lol:

Jeri

First to answer the question about my camera system, yes my switcher box does allow me to change the time intervals, It is just a nob, but guessing I think it goes down to just a couple seconds (like 3 and up to 30 seconds) as I have mine set "almost" half way on the knob and I think they should be set just about 10 secs for frame switch?? I would really make them longer now......but when I had all four cams going I didn't want it any longer than about 40 seconds before I got a glance at each mare.

for an UPDATE: :aktion033: I think we will have AT LEAST one foal tonight......maybe more

Echo has WAX and quite a bit, knocked it off an an hour later at check its there again.....shes so floppy behind and staying in her corner......just wonder when she will let "it" out?? Probably right smack dab in the middle of my show (Grey's)....oh well I can have the option to watch the east or west coast and catch it three hours later if need be.

For Penny, her udder is also SO big and tight, warm and full......she milk tested a fast last square as well. Just Tues she was inbetween the 3/2 (to last) square.....so ???

CC is up in another stall but for now I have turned the camera off her, still testing last square as she has been for what 5 days??? But everything looks the same so for now, we will focus on these two, if they foal tonight I will add CC in the mix on the cameras afterward.

No need to worry about Grey's tonight - it's a repeat!

Now bring on the babies!!!!

I will be glued to the marestare..........even though I love Grey's too.

I guess it is good it is a repeat.

Thanks guys for the lesson on the cameras. I will be sure to find one that does have the time intervals.

Come on Echo..........that is my vote for 1st. :cheeky-smiley-006:

I don't care who goes first, just someone go!!! Healthy babies too! I am more excited to see Penny's foal though but I am partial to Penny
default_wub.png
: . I'll be watching CSI and Erica's cams....two great programs at once.

Latest posts

Back