Erica,,,,,,,,ERICA,,,,,,,,looks like one of the mares

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I just wanted to say THANKS to everybody for joining the mares in the barn.....I really feel secure with the cams up and if for some chance I had been in the shower, nodded off ext...I would have gotten a phone call and been up there in a minute flat :aktion033:

Of course with these mares I was glued to watching the cams as they were giving all the classical signs of a very close birth.....but I have had a few mares who just go about daily business, no signs will just lay down and have it (my old mare Bacon, will even try to sneak one will without laying down flat to set the breeder alert off....just lays like a cow and looks back at her rear.....and yep she's foaling)

Jodi knew I was heading out up to the barn, and that I would be just outside the stall gates waiting for them to push and me see the feet before I enter (unless something wasn't progressing) I had a few people from marestare call and wanted to make sure I knew and was up there, and was you just couldn't see me on the cams, and I'm very thankful for people taking time to worry about my mares :bgrin

I think this is just one of the best things since slided bread....I'm going to play with my cams a little bit more as they "should" be color during the day, they are just showing "some color" like the buckets ext..........but I'm not sure enough light gets in my foaling stalls, as the it's N/W/E sides are full closed and then the South side has a 10 ft overhang for the other mares to come watch, get out of weather ext......

They are both very active and healthy boys this morning, already making their mom roll their eyes
default_smile.png

Sire-

who I think has a VERY prepotent dilute gene......which being out of Buckeroo and then his mother a buckskin daughter of Ramblin Starbuck.

These little guys look very much like their daddy :bgrin

f04e122e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:risa8: CONGRATULATIONS :risa8: ON TWO HEALTHY COLTS :risa8:

WatchED every night but last night went to bed early... Figures.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW congrats congrats! That was an exciting night on the barn cams! Thanks for letting us peek! The boys are adorable!!!

CONGRATS SO MUCH!!! I love the dilutes too, and buckskin is my favorite of all. I just love the contrast of colours.

Congratulations on two healthy boys!!!! :new_multi: :538:

I just "knew" you were going to have babies last night while I was at the Houston rodeo.
default_frusty.gif
:

P.S. Darlin is still holding on.

Latest posts

Back