Equine Pregnancy Test

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irish Hills Farm

Irish Hills Farm
Reaction score
I was wondering where the equine pregnancy tests can be purchased from?

Thanks
default_saludando.gif

I can't remember exactly where I got mine from.... I know I just typed it in on google and voila!

I ordered mine from marestare.com. I havent gotten it yet should be in Monday!

I got the Wee Foal urine test from Sandii at Quarter Moon Farm [[email protected]]. I think I found this on a forum search for "wee foal". I got the Pregnamare test kit somewhere else and don't remember where. I probably did a forum seach for that too.

I have always ordered mine from Brenda Welch in WY.

Brenda Welch

896 South fork road

Cody, Wy.

ph. # 307-587-5540

E-MAIL [email protected]

I have found her to be the most reasonable so far.

Doffy
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

OOPS! Thankies, Thats right! :DOH!

marewatch is the one!

Sheryl,

Not sure which test you are looking for, but we have always used the Pregnamare with 100 percent results.

The test must be used between days 40-120. It is very simple - just pick the nose for blood and follow the directions and you will have your answer in 1 hr.

We purchase ours from Valley Vet for about 40 bucks. Hope this helps!

Jill- there is another thread on here right now about the Wee Foal tests that shows a few ways to collect the urine. You really only need a very few drops!! I just did two tests this weekend and in both cases I just saw the mare peeing on the ground (well - shavings!), grabbed a tissue or paper towel and sopped some up. Then wrung it out into a disposable cup. Boths tests came out positive. One thing I like about the test is that it will not test positive if the mare is having a false pregnancy.

Jill, it isn't hard at all to collect urine....between our clients and ourselves we tried every method LOL I prefer the X MARKS THE SPOT duct tape method myself..tape a pad and wait..wring it out and run the test..fast and never fails me so far. The longest I've waited for a mare to GO was 30 mins.

Thanks Freeland! I had such a great time meeting you and chatting about minis! Can't wait to see your foals this year!!! Promise you'll post them!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back