Equine Affaire

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAminiatures

Reaction score
I was wondering if any one had plans to attend this event. It runs from Thursday till Sunday. I will be there on Friday if any mini people go I would love to meet for lunch.Love to do my Secret Santa shopping here.
default_aktion033.gif

I was there today (Thursday) and will be there parts of every day. Today I did volunteer stints in the ADS and Pinto booths in the Breed Pavillion; nothing scheduled for the other days, but likely to be in that building a lot. Would love to meet forum members.

Mary

I will be back on Sunday. Not sure about the first clinic but definitely want to make the second one at 1:45 (?). Look for me in a blue New England Pinto jacket (I will be coming from the Pinto breed demo at 1:15 in the Coliseum).

Wow. I thought the show was great Sorry I missed you both I would have loved to see you. I still don't have internet at home due to the storm. I always like the demonstrations. The new things they come out with each year for horses. I did buy a bucket cozy for a water bucket, show leads and chains. I saw a harness that had rhinestone all over it .................very pretty! And my show favorite was the Fell Pony in the breed barn ...................if only I were rich.

Over all it really is heaven for horse lovers.
default_aktion033.gif

So sorry to have missed you too, but agree it is heaven for horse lovers! We also liked the Fell Ponies which we saw in their breed demo yesterday. Look like smaller versions of Freisians. If only I were younger.....

My favorite part of the event is the Versatile Horse & Rider Competition... got lots of training ideas from that so we can be ready for anything! The hardest obstacles were a bar gate that you had to lift off, go through, and put back, and a ground tie ON a bridge, where you had to leave the horse, fill a bucket with metal things ("fish") and then remount while the horse is standing on the bridge and you are holding the bucket! People finally got smart and hung the bucket on the saddle horn if they were riding western. And almost none of the horses stayed on the bridge, so that did make mounting easier!

I agree Equine Affaire was a lot of fun. I really liked both Andy Marcoux driving clinics I watched. And the Fell ponies were gorgeous.I didn't buy much. Just another Wild Angel Cozy for Banner- my daughter's' horse. I have 2 for Buck and Wish so now everyone has them for the winter.

Yes I bought one to try wasn't sure they would work. So you must like yours? I would much rather buy them than buy the heated buckets.

Latest posts

Back