Electricity!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misty'smom

Reaction score
We had our barn built last summer before we got our minis in the fall when they were weaned. I decided to wait to see if I really needed/wanted electricity. Well after going through the winter months of getting dark so early I decided we should get electric. So we had it installed last week!! I love it especially the ceiling fan on these hot August days!! The horses seem to enjoy eating their dinner with the lights on!! I know I will appreciate it when the days grow shorter and it gets dark so early!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

IMG_5431.JPGIMG_5433.JPGIMG_5435.JPGIMG_5436.JPGIMG_5440.JPGIMG_5442.JPGIMG_5446.JPGIMG_5457.JPGIMG_5465.JPGIMG_5469.JPG

Your barn is so cute! I hope someday, to have a barn, on my own property for my mini and then room for another one or two.

I love your barn it is so cute.

I love having electricity in my barn, Excpecialy as my mare is treified of the dark. So she has a light on all the time , it even shines out in her padock. I have never had a horse afraid of the dark before, than I got diva. She showed us the first day how afraid she realy was.

Hubby fixed that real fast, put a light in and we have a happy horse. Lol it may seem over kill to some, but I don't mind her having light ,

It makes working in the barn easier, as well as cleaning the padock in winter.

How exciting!! I can imagine the thrill of the rural folks back in the 1930's when that first light bulb came on in their homes. Lights! Clippers! Vaccuuming! Refrigerator! Hot water???

Is it underground or overhead?

I hope to have electricity in my little barn some day.

Thanks everyone! I usually leave the doors open until after dark so it cools down in the barn, now I can see when I go out to close up!! The ceiling fan keeps it cool in there too! The girls are enjoying it too I think! They seem to be doing well and I can't believe it has been almost a year since I got them! It was a very exciting and fun time getting the barn built and preparing for them last year.

Marsha, the electric is in ground so hopefully not too many power outages!! We do have them occasionally, one last summer a really bad storm blew off the Blue Ridge Mtns did lots of damage, trees down and almost everyone was without power for days. Then the snowstorm this past March no power for 5 days!! But did not have power in the barn then so no problem!!

Thanks Michelle! I have to say I love my little barn and my babies too!! It was always a dream to get back into horses someday. So since my kids are grown, I have retired from teaching and I now have grands to spoil it is perfect! I knew I could not handle the big guys anymore so this is pretty much perfect for me! Someday maybe my grands or myself will show Misty even if just for fun as for Josie she will always be here with Misty her half sister! Little Josie is so sweet and I am so happy I decided bring her home with Misty too!

Latest posts

Back