Easter?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty, your grand daughter is so pretty. Love the picture of the bunnies. We have alot of wild bunnies here, so I'm sure I'll see plenty of cute bunnies. Finally made up my mind about dinner, and it was last minute. Went to the grocery store today and hams were on sale, not too many left of course, so I'm making ham and potatoe salad and of course deviled eggs out of the ones I dye. We have chickens but I can never peel freash eggs, so I am going to Walmart Thursday and I'll get some there, plus dye. Last Sunday was Palm Sunday and this is Holy week, so lots of time spent in town at church. Bought some flounder for Fri. night it looks so good, can't wait to cook and eat it. I kinda miss the old days when we all got dressed up, couldn't believe it Sunday that so many were wearing jeans and t shirts. Well the important thing is that they attended. I did buy a hat, easter bonnet, you know old Southern Lady tradition. Robin, I'll post pictures of my baskets if I can get them loaded on this I only work when I want to computer.

Photos!
default_new_multi.gif
default_488.gif

Ok so I finally figured out whats going on for Easter! Nothing like the last minute! Ha! We are going to my moms and my nephew and his wife are coming over too. This is the first Easter hubby has off in about 5yrs so he's looking forward to hanging out with my nephew. One sister does not want to come and my other sister has to work and wants us to change Easter to a different day so she can come. Hubby said no way! No one changed holiday days when I was working so Easter it is! LOL! Some how I got roped into making tuna salad and 2 cakes. One lamb cake(never made it before nor have I seen one in 15yrs!) and one bunny cake. I have a flat pan for the bunny but hubby said has going to his uncles house to see if he can find the 3D bunny cake mold his grandma used to use. I said cool I'll try and make a 3D lamb and a 3D bunny! Cant be that hard ...right! lol! I picked up egg coloring stuff for tomorrow so son and I will do that then Saturday I'll focus on cooking/baking. We'll see what I actually do or get done! I do have a fall back dessert in my freezer, a French silk chocolate pie!!
default_drool5.gif
Like I said we will see!

Last edited by a moderator:
We're having family over for ham dinner with all the trimmings.

And since we're having two of our grandkids coming, we're going to hide some eggs up in the trees above our horse pastures.

Their mom is bringing colored eggs and we're providing some plastic ones with treats inside.

I can't remember if I already posted or not, and don't want to reread the thread, so... We are going to his folks' house for Easter, she's making turkey with trimmings. I'm bringing fruit salad and last minute decided to make coleslaw (I say last minute, cause Shayne ran to town first thing this morning, and I had him pick-up cabbage) and probably make chocolate chip cookie bars or rice krispie treats.

Awesome!! I hope you'll all post photos! I especially would love to see those cakes! The only bunny cake I know to do is one round is the face and the other one is cut with 2 cuts so it makes 2 ears and a bow tie. Then frosted, covered with coconut flakes and red licorice whiskers & mouth, jelly bean eyes etc and candy all along the edges in green grass stuff you put. And jelly bean polka dots on the bow tie
default_smile.png
Have not seen one since I was a kid

Since my parents have moved south this will be my first easter no doing the "family" thing, so I will be going to the barn to work with Robin on his long lining and bending exercises.

I have a pretty much fool proof way to boil/peel fresh eggs. Put the eggs in a pan of water and cover. Bring to a hard boil and turn off the heat. Let them stand about 20 minutes, pour off the water and peel them as soon as you can handle them. I think this method sort of steams the membrane away from the white so they peel easily.

Of course, can't guarantee it for colored eggs the Easter rabbit leaves...

Ok well here are some pictures of us coloring eggs and my lamb cake! For the life of me I could not figure out how to frost my lamb! So I drizzled chocolate all over him and injected him with yummy white cream filling just like hostess cupckes! Colored some coconut and put that around him. He looks like a little brown cow sitting in grass! Lol!

2014-04-18_14-33-03_36.jpg

2014-04-19_13-53-07_55.jpg

Love those photos! When I was a little girl we had a carnival at school with a cake walk. I actually won a LAMB CAKE!! It was the most exciting thing! I had never seen a cake like that before. One of those shining memories. Your lamb cake will most likely create one, too.

I probably already posted, but we are only one day away, so I've actually accomplished something. We are going to the in-laws, so she's making the turkey; but I'm taking a couple sides and a dessert. Made coleslaw from scratch, found the dressing recipe in my cookbook, never tried it before and I was short a couple ingredients so we'll see how it turns out. Made 5-cup fruit salad, its a piece of cake, so I'm sure it'll be fine. Make chocolate chip cookie bars, I think I added too much flour, so they are rather dry, but Shayne loves them, so they'll probably stay home. And, made a batch of rice krispie treats with chocolate chips in them.

Love the eggs and cake! Looks like a chocolate lamb to me! Yummy!!!

Well, I boiled the eggs and am cooling them to dye later. I hate when they're a still soft in the center so I always boil them til one cracks & pray I can peel them later! LOL.

We splurged and I'm going to make ribs & taters
default_smile.png

Oh man all that food talk is making me hungry! Sounds like evryone is eating good stuff! Lol!

Here is our bunny cake. Way to involved to make a 3d bunny. My hubby was wrong about the bunny mold so it involved 2 round cakes all cut and placed.. naw to much for this year! So I made the cake and my son decorated it! It was fun!

2014-04-19_17-01-54_305.jpg

Love the lamb and bunny cakes! i didn't make any desert this year, bad me. I am so stuffed with what I did make that it may be good that I didn't since I'd be pigging out on it right now.

Latest posts

Back