Early Placental Seperation

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for your sympathy. This has been gut wrenching, and devastating for us.

I just wanted to add the mare has been on TMS? and banamine since the morning after she foaled. She has also been flushed twice, and I was told everything looks normal, and she can be bred back this year if we so wish.

The vets had no answer for me as to why the placenta seperated early. The vet that actually examined the placenta was completely at a loss as to explain it, and was baffled by the white veins in the cord. She was out of town when Missy was flushed the second time, so a different vet examined her on Saturday. There were actually two vets looking at her, as the first ones hands were too big to flush her, so he grabbed the other vet.

We have not yet decided if we are going to breed her back this year or not. She seems fine now... feisty, and acting normal. Not real thrilled about getting meds. You'd think she'd like getting a teaspoon or so of karo syrup with crushed pills in it.

Latest posts

Back