Ear Stapling for weight loss or to stop smoking?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camelotcavs

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this?

I had never heard of it until one of my friends mentioned it this weekend.

Ive never heard of this. I'd need both ears done though...one for weight loss and one for stopping smoking!

I've heard of some laser procedure for the ear to stop smoking but I'm not sure what it's technically called. I know some people that it worked well for but my brother went into it thinking it wasn't going to do anything for him and it didn't. I know two others that it worked for though.

Amanda

I'm not sure I'm thinking about the same thing you are....but my Mom had used something for weight loss. It was on an accupunture point and was to reduce the urge to eat. I don't really know how it worked for her....I think it helped, but she had a major stress load at the time...which was the root cause to the eating....

~kathryn

I'm not sure I'm thinking about the same thing you are....but my Mom had used something for weight loss. It was on an accupunture point and was to reduce the urge to eat. I don't really know how it worked for her....I think it helped, but she had a major stress load at the time...which was the root cause to the eating....

~kathryn

Kathryn,

That is exactly what I'm talking about! It has been on the news here and I was curious as to it's success rate.

I had a chance to talk to her after I posted, and she said it did help...but like I said, for her, the eating was due to stress...so until she got rid of the stress, the weight didn't really go, if you know what I mean! When she did eat, she ate a lot of garbage food, so I mean I'm sure if you actually ate decent food, it would help a lot. She used this over 10 years ago, but I don't think she's used it in the past 6 years or so.....so I don't know if they have done anything 'different' to it or not....

~kathryn

As far as the ear stapling for weight loss....

About 10 women in my office had it done, within about 2-3 weeks time, none had lost weight. Everyone has had their's removed.

About 2 years ago, I had a patient that came in the MD clinic where I was working & told myself & the other nurse that I worked with " How GREAT it was..." Well, in our moment of weakness & desperation .... We called the guy( Chiropractor/Acupunture)- a licensed Dr. & had him come to our lil bitty town & do the procedure. We advertised & had around 50-75 people show up, the little building that we rented was too small for the crowd. It cost $50.00 for one ear STAPLING & $75.00 for both, he offered to do both at the " weight loss" point or 1 "weight loss" & 1 to "quit smoking"- I personally had both done for weight loss, and at the time was about 20lbs. overweight for my height. We had atleast 2 people passout from the pain of the "stapling" & several left of course after that. However, I stuck it out & had both done, nothing changed for me & I am really not a "big eater", I just don't like raw veggies, and I never have ( tomatoes make me vomit,it's the seedy thing I guess) I had one removed because it was painful & irritated after about a week, and kept the other for over a month. I didn't really see any weight loss that I can give the " Stapling" credit for. Although if you want a painful incentive, bet 2 of your closest friends, make a goal & who ever loses has to get their ear " Stapled" ! This my friend will help you lose weight ! HEHE- Oh and while working at the clinic I know of atleast 3 people that I had to remove staple from & then they had to take antibiotics to clear the infections caused by the "stapling"- which might have been prevented by proper care, BUT.... Clearly this is Just my opinion ! Sweet Dreams & Happy Easter !

Latest posts

Back