Driving!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigeresss

Reaction score
Just wondering...as when I'm older I would like to get a Shetland or some sort of small pony. Deffinetly nothing over 12hh, but I'd also like it to be over 38". I don't know maybe around the 42" area. Anywho my question is, I've driven quite a few miniatures off and on for seven years now, the biggest one I've driven was 36". I'm wondering if it's much different driving say a 42" shetland compared with a 32" mini?

Just wondering...as when I'm older I would like to get a Shetland or some sort of small pony. Deffinetly nothing over 12hh, but I'd also like it to be over 38". I don't know maybe around the 42" area. Anywho my question is, I've driven quite a few miniatures off and on for seven years now, the biggest one I've driven was 36". I'm wondering if it's much different driving say a 42" shetland compared with a 32" mini?
None except you will be sitting up a little higher as the cart will need to be bigger and you will travel along a little bit faster - every bit as much fun!!!!!!!!!!

Driving a small pony won't be too different than driving a Mini except as pointed out by the previous poster. I did drive a Hackney Pony in a roadster cart once, however, and that was a BLAST! :new_shocked: If you can imagine, it left me with that "I gotta get me one of those" feelings that's still with me today although that experience happened several years ago.
default_yes.gif
:

Well it depends on the kind of pony you're getting. I drive all of my minis as well as Saddlebreds and Hackney ponies. There is more of a difference between a horse and a pony mainly in stride length and how fast things can change. But between a mini and a pony it's really just a different type of movement if you get a big moving pony like a Hackney or Modern Shetland. Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back