Driving Rocky

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loren&Rocky

Reaction score
My cousin oldest Rick is here from Ca visiting with my grandmother and cousin Kim up north of us for a few days. My grandmother is not doing well, so my relatives are coming in out of the wood work to see her. Well, Ricky drove Kim down to see us and I took Kim out for a drive with Rocky. It was a cold but beautiful day.

Rocky is the BEST little horse for pulling, I tell ya. He may not look as pretty as Slick in harness, but he has a lot of try and get up and go. He pulls like he is a Standardbred race horse! He turns great too!! He spooks at nothing and does what ever I ask. He is such a good boy, in harness anyway.

I really need to figure out how to get a poll and double tree on this wagon so Rocky adn Slick can pull it. It should be pulled by 2 I think.

dec8_07024copy.jpg

dec8_07025copy.jpg

dec8_07029copy.jpg

dec8_07032copy.jpg

dec8_07035copy.jpg

default_aktion033.gif
I love your pictures especially #3 where you are sharing the joy of being out in the open air and driving
default_wub.png
I really like the last one too, you have such fun with your boys.

Yvonne

beautiful! Awesome!
default_aktion033.gif
It looks like you are having a blast (all of you) thanks for including us
default_yes.gif

Angie

Wonderful- Wonderful- Wonderful PIX
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Rocky looks great!!

I just love seeing you hooked up in that great wagon of yours!!

Looks like you all are having a wonderful time and that is the point..

Keep posting...

Great pictures! Lovin' that wagon you lucky thing.

Hey how are those buckle on boots working for you?

I plan to get some if you think they work?

Maxine

Maxine
I gave up on them. They kind of work, but they fall off and don't stay tight after a while. I even vet wrapped them once and they still came off. :DOH! So, I don't know what to tell you about them. I guess I will have to break down and invest in the way over priced cover the hoof boots instead. I hate to spend the same amount of money on a boot for my minis that my aunt paid for her 16.1hh Hanovarian!!
default_wacko.png
It makes me crazy to think about it!!

Looks like you guys had a blast! Id love to hop in the wagon with you guys!!
default_biggrin.png

Wow looks like fun!!You have gone all out with the driving!!Looks like fun!!!

Maxine
I gave up on them. They kind of work, but they fall off and don't stay tight after a while. I even vet wrapped them once and they still came off. :DOH! So, I don't know what to tell you about them. I guess I will have to break down and invest in the way over priced cover the hoof boots instead. I hate to spend the same amount of money on a boot for my minis that my aunt paid for her 16.1hh Hanovarian!!
default_wacko.png
It makes me crazy to think about it!!
Thanks, I have a gift certificate from my wonderful secret santa but I guess it will be for something else now as I think I'll go along with you and get the other ones.
default_smile.png
Maxine

Thanks everyone. It will be much better when I can pull them together.

I just ordered a harness for Rocky, so not Slick does not have to share his. So, now all I need is a pole and a double tree and I will be set!!

Thanks again.

I love my boys.

Thanks everyone. It will be much better when I can pull them together.

I just ordered a harness for Rocky, so not Slick does not have to share his. So, now all I need is a pole and a double tree and I will be set!!

Thanks again.

I love my boys.
I LOVE your cart and every time you post pictures of it I can hardly stand it. I did keep copies of your earlier photos (hope you don't mind) because eventually I'm hoping to build one just like it for our ponies. Sometime when you have the time would you mind posting some close-up photos?

Gosh, I feel like a mooch.

Here are some of it. Thanks for asking!!

Here it is next to a real home made one we pulled out of the woods!! It is a fixer-upper.
default_wink.png

anotherwagon011.jpg

mylittlewagon011.jpg

mylittlewagon012.jpg

Latest posts

Back