Driving Magazines

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelterwood

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got thinking that I would love a driving magazine to read and flip through, but have not ever really seen one. Anyone know of good publications that cater to driving in general, or even better (but a long shot I'm sure) to driving minis or ponies? I'd prefer not to have to join any actual organization to get the magazine. It seems it would compliment all the information on this forum, and would keep me busy for the long winter coming. Any suggestions??

Also, what's your favorite driving training book?

Katie

Without a doubt....Driving Digest
default_smile.png
I get such a smile when that is in my mailbox.

My fav driving book is Driven Dressage for the Single Horse.

Angie

Thanks Angie,

I will definitely check that out! That's exactly what I'n looking for, something to put a smile on my face when I've finally cleared the snow all the way to my mailbox!! Thanks for the book suggestion to, I'm making my Christmas list!!

Katie

My favorite driving magazine is The Whip but you have to be an ADS member to get that one. The only other one I'm aware of since AmeriCan Carriage Driver and the Miniature Horse Showcase both folded is Driving Digest, so that would be the one to get.
default_laugh.png

My favorite driving training book is Heike Bean's "Carriage Driving: A Logical Approach Through Dressage Training." Close seconds are anything by Sally Walrond, "Mini School" by Sabine Ellinger (her harnessing in the driving portion is atrocious, but her long-line training is sound and very advanced), and "New Sensations for Horse and Rider: Introducing Voice Training," by Tanya Larrigan. I've got favorites in just about every category but those would be my ones for training the horse!

Leia

Latest posts

Back