Driving clubs in North Carolina

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kawgirl

Reaction score
Do any of you mini drivers on here belong to a driving club in NC, especially Central Carolina or Whips and Wheels Driving Club? I recently bought a six year old gelding that should make an excellent ADS type horse and I'd like to know what you think of these clubs. Any information would be appreciated!
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure of the name but the driving club in Moore County is supposed to be very good.

Do any of you mini drivers on here belong to a driving club in NC, especially Central Carolina or Whips and Wheels Driving Club? I recently bought a six year old gelding that should make an excellent ADS type horse and I'd like to know what you think of these clubs. Any information would be appreciated!
default_wink.png

The driving clubs in NC are excellent!! I hear a lot of great things about them from the mini drivers in that area.

Leia

I used to be a part of the Central Carolina Carriage Club. There are a lot of really super nice people and fun events. Once I started working in Virginia I just sort of dropped off. There is also the Carolina Carriage Club.

If you have a chance to, you should attend the Carriage Classic in the Pines down in Pinehurst. That was my favorite show EVER!

edited to add link: http://carolinadriving.net/

I have heard a lot of good things about the Whips and Wheels club here in NC. I have

met quite a few of their members and they seem very nice and eager to have new

members. We were hoping to start driving with them but we just can't seem to find time

for a new outlet. Their web site is Whips and Wheels

One of their members stays pretty close to the mini world. If you want her e-mail address, e-mail or message me and I will get it to you. Have fun!!!
default_saludando.gif
Maryann

I hope Karen Payne and Chris Peckham chime in here , they are pretty active in both of those Clubs. I've been a member of Whips and Wheels for a year , but have yet to be able to participate in their drives due to life in general , but I will say that they do a good job of sending out info on drives and activities so if I ever CAN make it , I know when , where and what time . I don't like to have to hunt for the info . I don't know where the Carriage Club holds most of their drives , but Whips and Wheels do most of their drives around Mocksville , Winston Salem area .

Thanks for the information everyone. I live in the Lexington area, so the Whips and Wheels club sounds like it might be a good club to join.
default_smile.png

The Carolina Carriage Club is based out of Columbus, NC. Most of the club functions are in that area, but do branch out into other areas, such as Laurens, SC, and Campobello, SC. We have a good group of drivers and several mini drivers in our club. We hold a pleasure driving show in September and its open to all. Great Show. We also hold clinics and what not through out the year, there's almost always something going on. Its a great group, very helpful.

Karen Payne

I belong to the Whips & Wheels Club. It has a great membership of pleasure drivers. There are a few that compete at the National level. They try to have events monthly, but due to the weather the March event was cancelled. There is an Easter drive on April 18th in Advance, NC (weather permitting). There are a few members with minis and we have been welcomed with open arms! The big horses are fun to drive with, the last event we went to, my 33" mini kept up with up with a fresian mare during the cross country. People are amazed at what these little horse can do. I would come to an event and check it out.

PM me if you have any other questions.

Chris

Back