Drive In the New Year!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Field-of-Dreams

Reaction score
A bunch of my friends and I are going to Drive In the New Year! We're going down to the park in Fort Worth and drive on the equestrian trails in Trinity Park on Sunday. Just a fun get together and drive the paths. It's an awesome place to drive, gravel paths all through. I believe it's over five miles. Mostly level but some rolling hills!

I'll try to get pix and post them when we're back!

Anyone in the area is more than welcome to join us!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

trail drive.jpg

Didn't get any pix from me, my guy was very nappy and hard to handle at times! My friend got this one.

BEAUTIFUL trails, but a bit unnerving! They are on TOP of the river dikes, and the drop is about 80-100 feet-straight down to the river! YIKES! My fear of heights could have been what Sunny was feeding off of! heeheehee But the trails are wide and CLEAN. Gravel or concrete the whole way. No litter at all! Bikers and walkers were very considerate. The weather was perfect, especially for January! Sunny and 50-some degrees!

We drove for about three hours, all walking. They were very good on the way back, probably tired!

Plus we met one of the guys that works on the trails and he took our picture for the website! AND asked us to please come back!! But we aren't sure, finding a trailer acessible place to park wasn't easy and you have to lift the carts over the rails to get them in. Was a horse-wide gate they fit in, so we didn't have to jump them over!

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds fun! There's a drive here on New Year's Eve, but it's my last day of employment so I can't take vacation or skip out and go.
default_sad.png
I'm sort of hoping I can get some of the more local folks to go somewhere on Sunday. Take pix for us!

Leia

Every year on Christmas day I go for a jingle drive around the neighbourhood and down the trail and on New Year's day I don't feel like it is going to be good year unless I get out for a drive. I haven't missed it snow or shine for over 15 years now but this year it looks like it will be RAIN or shine
default_sad.png
I am hoping for overcast at worst
default_yes.gif
I am almost certain it will be the warmest drive ever for New Year's! A couple of years I took the sleigh because the roads were snow covered - this year everything is MUD.

Have a wonderful drive!! And look forward to the photos!
default_yes.gif

Me, haven't decided yet, to either ride an Icelandic... or Drive Maggie?? Choices..choices...

Latest posts

Back