Dressing for Country Pleasure Driving?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Taylor Jo

The first season I showed, I did I think 2 classes in Country Pleasure and I wore a blazer and a pair of black jeans, cause I didn't have any idea what to wear. Then I switched to Western Country Pleasure. Well I've had my Oreo at the trainers and she said NO, he's NOT a western country pleasure horse so put him BACK in Country Pleasure that's what he is.

Ok, NOW.... What the heck do you wear? I have plain blazers like I wear for halter and their pastels, and I have a jacket that's kinda gold leafy looking with a brown back ground, and a plain black blazer with black slacks. I have a broom skirt and then I have my halter pants I wear and that's about it.

I'm just truly at a loss in this class. I went out and bought a western hat for the Western country pleasure and I KNOW I can't use it. Any thoughts or idea's would be most welcomed. I "did" go to Macy's and buy a small hat with a brim all the way around and a pink flower to put on it, but when I got it home I hated it so I took it back. I looked dorky....

Thanks for your help, TJ

I will just tell you what I do and what I wear, whether it be right or wrong, I do just fine. But I am known for all my showmanship outfits and fancy show shirts , so that is just what I wear to drive in too. Coming from Quarter horses, I am comfortable in that style of show clothes. I wear my western hat too in the western and in the country driving classes and soon in the classic driving in both A and R. So what ever you feel comfortable in and what fits you/ your personality best is probably the best. So if anyone ever sees me in a dress, it will be a moment in time, the last time I wore a dress was at my wedding! ha ha . But one thing I do tell a lot of people- hit the GoodWill store, there are a lot of really nice dresses/ outfits there that will work and when it gets 'greased' it's no big deal to throw it away. At least until you find a style you like and not break the bank.

I show A only, so I can only comment on what I do and see at the A shows. I dress the same in driving as I do in halter for the local shows. Most people at the shows here in the OK area just wear pants and a blazer/jacket of some sort. Some of us go back and forth between driving, in hand performance and halter, so quick changes are necessary, LOL. At the Championship shows, I do wear a dress or skirt in Country Pleasure.

If you look at my avatar, I've been known to show in exactly that outfit. My basic show wardrobe consists of black pants, black slinky and various jackets.

Thanks guy's for your input. I show R as that's what's around me. The local shows are pretty casual, that's a good thing. I'm just nervous and want to be the best I can be. I think once I get in the ring and get going I'll settle down and it won't matter as much. Thanks for your help. TJ

I've watched at R shows and A shows. There is a huge array of what is worn. If you are around long enough, you'll see just about everything.

I believe there is a difference in evening classes and daytime classes about how "formal" you want to get. That being said, I've seen lots of sequined and beaded tops in the morning and blazers in the evening. Ocassionally I'll see a western showmanship outfit with a western hat. I think that looks nice too.

And some of these young girls with really cute figures often wear "prom dresses" which I think is inappropriate, but they sure look cute (and often win).

I reckon if I looked like that in a prom dress, I'd wear that too!!!
default_laugh.png

For the more "mature" figure, I think a nice blazer, jacket or a nice outfit is just fine. I think it is important for YOU to decide what is appropriate for you so that you feel comfortable and self-assured.

My thoughts are IMHO that you try to look neat and tidy and appropriate for you, you can wear what you choose. It can depend on your age, your figure and your preferences. And I guess the judges have their own preferences also depending on their sex and age and what they like to look at!!!!!

Latest posts

Back