Dreamer, A New Horse/Family Movie

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lacey

Reaction score
We went to a movie a few days ago and saw what looks to be a wonderful up and coming horse movie (race horses). It is supposed to be inspired by a true story. It looks incredible!

Check out the trailer and more info here:

Dreamer

I just LOVE Dakota Fanning! She lives in Hollywood now, but before that she lived a few towns away from me, about 30 miles away. I first saw her in "I am Sam" and thought she was spectacular! I'll definitely keep an eye out for that DVD.

Heidi

I will definately want to see it.

It reminds me of Casey's Shadow.

Robin

Do they hurt horses in it? I don"t go to movies where they hurt animals. Makes me depressed for days. so I wait until someone I know sees it first.

Wow i can not wait till that movie is out in theatre I will so see it lol!
wub.gif

I saw the preview at the show to, we will be going can't wait.
aktion033.gif

Yes I will also go to see this one.. And with todays movies and the ASPCA being on the sets I am sure they didn't hurt any animals in the movie.

We will absolutely watch it but probably on NetFlix. That's my favorite way to watch movies!!! Don't tell him I said it, but Harvey actually likes those family / animal / "sweet" movies even more than I do
wub.gif

Cronewolf said:
Do they hurt horses in it? I don"t go to movies where they hurt animals. Makes me depressed for days. so I wait until someone I know sees it first.
471922[/snapback]

It's the story of a racehorse who goes down during a race and gets hurt and this little girl helps her get better and race again. I saw the preview ... heck, even the preview made me cry!

Another movie after my heart.
yes.gif

HORSE RACING AND HORSE TRICKS!!!
aktion033.gif

In the trailer they have the horse carrying her backpack for her, I wonder if he's following her off to school, or if she just got off the school bus and he's walking her home through his pasture.
wub.gif

Either way.... <happy sighs>
laugh.gif

Definately a MUST SEE for me too!
yes.gif

Plus two of my FAVORITES...Kurt Russell and Dakota Fanning! LOVE 'EM!!!!
wub.gif

EDITED: OH MY GOSH!!! I just realized...it's coming out in theaters that same week that my Dusty will be HOME from Parris Island Boot Camp!
aktion033.gif

It'll be even better now that all three of us will have a chance to go see it TOGETHER!

laugh.gif
<MORE happy sighs....bunches more!>
yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Great movie!!!!!!!!!!! And I didn't cry through the whole thing like I did Seabiscuit.

What is really wild is I had been to Ashford Stud with the Bluegrass Tours years ago. My dad took me after I talked him into it. Even better, the film has Ironworks Road in it which is a shortcut we always take to the Kentucky Horse Park.

The funniest thing is my sister has been wanting to stop in front of some beautiful gates that are on Ironworks Road to take pictures and I keep telling her we will get arrested if we stop there because the horse farms have very good security. Well guess what? The gates are featured in the movie. Well, I guess the next trip we are stopping since they are famous gates now. (You will know what I am talking about when you see the movie)

It was good to see so much of Kentucky in the movie. It is good movie for children too. Not too much violence or too scary. The worst part is in the beginning of the movie. Good, clean, and well told story without sex, violence, etc.

"A must see"

Freida

All I can say is it was AWESOME!!!! It is a great movie for all ages, it is funny, sentimental, suspensful, and has very good morals behind it. It's a must see JMHO.

Latest posts

Back