Dr called tonight...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockin r

Reaction score
Washington State Dr. said he could not be responsible for any further surgerys to my body, to risky for him. Can't say that I blame him.. I knew this was coming. I am back on pain management.
default_no.gif
I hate to take them, makes me feel out of body. I started having problems with my legs, they hurt so bad. Our baby Venus is still with me, getting bigger every week and now I have darks areas on my stomach (Dr. don't know what is causing it). I told Art that I hope it is a girl..He sees no humor in it, but understands why I have named my belly. I have to have some humor or I will go nuts and take everyone with me! I am working as much as I can, usually break up the week by working 1/2 days on Wed and Fri. My job (Office Mgr.) is working with psychologists/counselors. It is a very "dress up" position (3 piece skirt sets, dresses and heels). Monday I fell at work, my legs went numb while I was walking. So now I am the only one there to "dress down". They suggested that I wear nice pants and flat shoes, gave me $150.00 to go shopping. It scared the day lights out of them! I have told them how the end will happen, a very warm body flush, dizzy, pass out, lights out... So when I fell they freaked out!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
I stay in my office as much as possible, so no one will see the way I am dressed, I feel out of place. Back to the Drs. phone call...One Dr. out another one in. He works at Johns Hopkins in Maryland. When I called them last November they said they could not help. I wonder why they are now?? We don't really care, we are just excited that he is studying my case! I looked him up on the internet, he has a 5 star rating. Art says if he is from Johns Hopkins he must be one of the best. I hope so. My Dr. said I might have to go to Maryland for the next surgery. This will make surgery #3 in three months. I do sooo hope that this is not the way the rest of my life will be. I am still struggling with my weight, gain 3 lbs lose 4.
default_wacko.png
Art has stopped as much as he can being a helicopter husband. He is letting me help clean stalls, I clean he throws hay and feed, water. It is nice to be doing horsey chores again. We are going to the Chickasha Auction May 2. Hope to see the usuals there! I am sooo looking forward to getting "out"! My IR said I should hear from him in the next day or two to schedule the next surgey. I will let you know when I hear back from my Dr and what the plan is....Thank you to all who have kept candles lit for us..
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
Theresa

Oh Theresa,

I do not know what to say. Lots of
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
for you and Art.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keeping the candles lit and the prayers coming for you. ((((HUGS))))

Hi Theresa,

Thanks for the update! (Oh, and thanks for posting the pic of Dreamer, she looks Wonderful!) I think about you all the time, hoping that you're feeling better... I will keep fingers crossed that the Johns Hopkins folks can do great things! It is a pretty prestigious place, so who knows? And of course, I will keep those prayers and good wishes heading your way.

I'm so glad you're getting around and enjoying the baby, and your other horses, and the horsy chores. Isn't it funny how comforting cleaning a stall can be? It's like therapy for me. Do as much fun stuff as you can (that's my expert advice!
default_rolleyes.gif
) and eat as much good stuff as you can! Gotta keep your strength up!!!

Your strength and attitude are an inspiration to us all!
default_wub.png

Hugs,

Lori

Hi Theresa, great to hear from you. My family was just asking about you tonight, wondering how you're doing.

That's got to be a good thing, that the doctor from John Hopkins is looking at your case. Hopefully he will have some new insight that can help you.

Hang in there, we're still praying for you!!

Well sometimes it takes a Dr. time to figure out a plan of action. Just because you talked to him in November, doesn't mean he knew what to do at the time. He may have run across some research that fits your case.

The COOL THING IS - He wants to see you now. What a gift from God!

I am so glad you are out playing with the horses. Even if it is brushing your babies - what therapy!

Keep us posted!

Just went and saw the pictures of Dreamer. I didn't realize it was almost a year ago we were all pulling for her and you were her support. Now we are all pulling for you and Dreamer can be your support. Prayers and thoughts coming your way.

Theresa, You and Art will always be in our thoughts and prayers, for as long as it takes to find a doctor to help cure you. I am so glad to hear you have a new doctor on board. I would think too being from John Hopkins he has got to be good. (((hugs)))

Theresa-

Thanks for the update, have been wondering how you're doing. I'm so glad you have another doctor on board. Maybe some new procedures have been developed. Johns Hopkins is such an excellent facility. You just know any doctor associated with that hospital has to be superb.

Went and looked at the pictures of Dreamer. She looks so good. I'm glad you're back in the barn doing some chores. Being with the horses some has to be good therapy.

Take care of yourself. Continued prayers coming from here.

Barbie

Not a day goes by that I don't think of you and ask God for help for you and Art.

I'll just bet you scared the folks at work. Very nice of them to let you dress down and give you shopping money. Now quit hiding out from everybody else.....I'm sure even in flat shoes and slacks you are more than presentable.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I sometimes wonder about Doctors. I guess it is the way things are? Seems most want the easy stuff and if your a tough case they want nothing to do with you? What ever happen to the doctors that truely cared and did not worry about a lawsuit? I guess I was hoping this one would stick it out with you. I am saying prayers that this other one will come thru for you and stick with you
default_pray.gif
It can only be frustrating to think you are being cared for and then have to start over again with another doctor.

{{{{{{{Theresa}}}}}}}
default_crybaby.gif
default_cheekkiss.gif
default_wub.png

Hold the bunny with healing powers & love!

Oh Theresa, what a saga. I hope they can do something for you there and can't believe you are still working! You are one tough cookie! I too, am sure you look fine in slacks at work. There are some very nice professional looking pant suits out there. And what a nice group there at work to help you out so you can continue working regardless of what you are wearing! See? You have fans everywhere!!

Continuing to send prayers your way.

Thanks so much for the update, we've all been wondering how things have been going. Keeping you in my prayers, thi s doctor sounds very promising and this may be the LAST surgery you need to get better! *high hopes*

Thanks for the update Theresa. You know I think about you everyday and continue to pray for you and Art. I hope you enjoy your outing to the auction. Try to sit on your hands or I'm sure you'll be coming home with another four legged friend.
default_wink.png
default_smile.png

Theresa,

Im glad that you are getting to go do "horsey chores" thats prob the best therapy for you and will do you good to be with your babies !

Im glad that other Dr. is willing to help you now thats awesome.

Wish I was goin to the May2nd sale but I am taking a Biggie to another sale in Stillwater - Have a great time enjoy the day and no more scaring the people at work!

Prayers and Hugs for you and Art

Latest posts

Back