Double Header!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelridge

Reaction score
Hi to everyone!

Well after testing 5 squares in about 18 seconds on Wed the 16th, Dreamer delivered a super refined solid black filly at 9:50 a.m. Dreamer earned her Honor Roll certificate in only 2 shows with 22 halter points. The sire is Seqouia Mimes Maximum Overdrive a FULL brother to Seqouia Majestic Mime, the 2006 World Grand Champion Sr stallion. Max is himself a multiple Supreme, Grand and Reserve Halter Champion and is now owned by Dru Crowel in MA. These pictures do not really show how refined this filly is. She has a lovely head, tiny muzzle, short back and lots of leg to spare and a snooty attitude! LOL!

She is 21 inches tall with a cannon bone of 7 3/4 inches. Please overlook the earmuffs, I tried to clip her ears and she would NOT have any of that!

Later that day, I had given Jazzie a bath and was clipping the last of the winter coat off her belly and the baby was kicking up a storm!!,, enought that I hurried the job as Jazzie was looking miserable. I decided to check her bag as she had been bagging up quickly and I got fluid with color so I took a sample and tested it and it changed 5 squares in about 14 seconds! I had to scramble and move Dreamer and her baby and clean the foaling stall and get it ready!

And I thought this cant be right cause Dreamer was 332 days and Jazzie was only 311! So I finally finished at about 8:30 and went in the house to fix supper as I was starved after not getting lunch or supper so I was at the stove cooking and something told me to go check the TV monitor and sure enough,, she was down,, so out I ran (and I actually remembered to turn off the stove! LOL!) and she delivered a gorgeous, refined buckskin splash tovero colt with 2 blue eyes at 9:10 p.m.!! Jazzie is a daughter of Buckeroos Top Cat and has absolutely awesome movement. The sire is Bear Branch Warbonnet Feather a National Champion silver black splash tovero who also has movement to die for owned by Lynn Angel of Dawgpatch farm. He really put the color on this baby! Wow!I hadnt measured his height yet, but his cannon is about 7 inches. He may be carrying dun also as his ears look to be lined with darker hair. He is a lovely small head and muzzle, lovely tippy ears and already has an upright floaty trot. He is an absolute lover and loves scratches and hugs already,, unlike his pasture playmate!!

I wish I had better pix but I am so giddy about these two I had to go ahead with what I got until I get some help to take better ones.

I am totally amazed that these mares delivered on the same day with a gestation difference of 20 days! Jazzie has always foaled from 325 to 335 days. I am also SO blessed because I only lost one nights sleep and no time from work as they foaled on my day off,, perfect text book deliveries!

First is Dreamer and her filly, they are both solid black, and just a few white hairs in their forehead.

Babies5-18-07030.jpg

Dreamer is very protective and pins her ears at me constantly LOL! So this is what most of my pictures look like as she whisks the filly away from me!

Babies5-18-07001.jpg

The blue eyes on this colt just jump out at you! And see the lining around his ear? I think its dun factor.

Babies5-18-07020.jpg

Here is the new boy and his ma out of the paddock for the first time in 3 months!! We have fescue in the pasture so had to dry lot them,, you can see the twinkle in Jazzies eye,, she is SO happy to be off paddock arrest!!

Babies5-18-07058.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Angie

Congratulations!!! Times TWO! :aktion033:

The colt is really nice! But I love the filly. Something about her! But then, I've been a fan of Max for years!

They're both adorable, congratulations!!!

Oh My Goodness, they are both gorgeous. What are you feeding your black mare and baby? They just shine in that picture. Congratulations on a job well done by everyone. :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Congrats!! Boy your black mare and filly sure are black and shiny. And pretty too. The colt is a very flashy little guy too. How lucky are u to get that all done in 1 day.

Angie,

Your babies are absolutely beautiful!

And so are their moms!! :)

I am so happy they came on the same day for you also :)

Susan O.

Wow Angie!

What a looker the filly is! She looks just like Majestic did at that age. Lucky you!

Beth

Thanks to you all.

Beth, I can only hope this filly looks as awesome as Majestic does when she grows up,, he absolutely took my breath at Worlds 06!

Both mares are getting Triple Crown Growth, beetpulp and Horse Guard vitamins,, I will never be without Horse Gaurd for my broodmares! After having a bad breeding/foalings season one year about 5 years ago Ginny Long suggested the Horse Gaurd and it has really made the difference for me. Dreamer is a true non fading black so that helps with the shiny.
default_wub.png
: And hopefully baby will be the same.

Thanks again!

Angie

WOW Angie they are both really nice :new_shocked: I guess I'm partial to Jazzie's as she is Dukes mom
default_wub.png
: You really got lucky having two at once and not losing much sleep over it. I was up last night until 1:00am then again at 2:30 and so on with a mare that is at 345 days and acting like she should foal. Guess what nothing happened
default_wacko.png
: Boy does this mare stare wear you out.

A big Congrats :aktion033: :aktion033:

Duke is really turning into one awesome boy, I'll have to get you pictures from his first show that will be coming in a few weeks. Joyce

Beautiful foals, I really love that black, black filly. Congratulations.

:aktion033: Congratulations........on two lovely foals & easy foaling. I love it when they have playmates!

I was lucky this year, too -- 3 foals, all within 20 days and no one kept up up all night!!!
default_wacko.png
: Maybe we shouldn't say this on the forum tho -- we may have to sit up with others on their mare stares :bgrin

Latest posts

Back