Doing a little pedigree research

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
I had a gal email me in regards to trading my app mare for one of her pinto mares so I've been doing a little research on the horses in the pedigrees while I wait on updated photos.. Anywho, I recognize SEVERAL of the horses (who doesn't know who FWF Little Blue Boy, or Gold Melody Boy is!) but would like to hear opinions on what crosses have been done with this "older" line, see other related horses/produce etc.. If I do end up doing the trade and receiving the mare she would be crossed on my black pinto grandson of Alvadar's Double Destiny

Anywho, the mare is sired by:

Flying W Farms Medicine Man

-who is sired by Flying W Farms Wardance

-and out of Johnston's Penny (who is sired by Gold Melody Boy and out of Johnston's Honey)

She is out of:

Flying W Farms Touch of Blue

-who is sired by Flying W Farms Little Blue Boy

-and out of Flying W Farms Songbird

Well, Medicine Man is the sire of FWF Blue Boys Magic Man, who is just about my favorite stallion!! I just love the Wardance line (as in FWF Little Wardance). And Magic Man's dam was Blue Boy bred, so similar lines as this mare. And I hear that the Magic Man daughters cross well with the Buckeroo line, so I would take a good long look at the mare!!! We are very anxious to breed our Magic Man daughter to our Rowdy/Buckeroo bred stallion. You can see lots of photos of her on our website - especially in the gallery. She does everything!

When I think of FWF mares being used in a modern program, the first farm that comes to mind is Limestone. I know they've had a lot of success crossing FWF mares with Nighthawk and now also with Billy Idol.

Latest posts

Back