Pedigree Research - can anybody help?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKMiniatures

Reaction score
Hello...
This week I acquired a stallion from facility, and are researching his breeding. I know the stallion, but are delving further into his pedigree. He is a USA import (now 18) bred by SG, by a stallion "Blues Golden Comet". Does anyone have information on this stallion, his height and any images of him or even other progeny of his?

I am also interested in the colour/height as well as any relating images to these other horses close in the pedigree:
Flying W Farms Blues Golden Comet
Flying W Farms Sahara Rose
Flying W Farms Blue Charmer

All help is much appreciated. Love to especially know more about his sire. Thanks

I recognize the prefix but not the horses names. I hope someone can help you.

I googled them and a couple came up

Flying w farms blues golden comet - 29in palomino

He was all I got. Pedigrees of everyone else came up but without color and height of the horse I searched. Someone will be able to give you more by going into the databases.

He had quite a few progeny if you Google him. It was a lot of info
default_smile.png
sorry I couldn't get a picture or help more hope this helps

Lol no wonder I recognize the name, he's in one of my girls pedigree! Haha :-D

He is the grandasire to Little Kings Bay Ablaze, who is the grandfather of my little girl. Small world
default_smile.png

Here are all the pedigrees and information on the 3 horses you asked about, from the AMHA registry studbook, which usually is pretty complete.

All 3 horse's information is in this one file.

FLYING W FARMS BLUES GOLDEN COMET.pdf

Attachments

• FLYING W FARMS BLUES GOLDEN COMET.pdf
    545.5 KB · Views: 264
Thank you everyone. All appreciated.

He is sired by a horse Blue Golden Comet, but struggle to find much on him at all, apart from he palomino, and very flying w farms bred. Really keen to find out about him, as to his influence on our stallion and piece the puzzle, as well as I'm sure see quite a resemblance. Anyone know where might find information? He did have two full siblings blue golden comet I think.

Much appreciated everyone.thank

FWF Blue's Golden Comet was probably Blue Boy's most significant son. He died very young, I think in 1988 or 1989. I think only Blue Patent can approach him in terms of significance to the line. The Blue Golden Comet male line is still producing world champions today.

Here's what I can remember just looking at his progeny report:

He sired FWF Blue's Golden Illusion, who stood at Fallen Ash Farm in the early 1990s. Golden Illusion sired Fallen Ash Farm Irish Ladd, who was (is?) a gorgeous, gorgeous stallion (out of their matriarch FAF Irish Rose) and while he's never managed to become a name, he's sired a bunch of nice daughters. I believe he was exported to Oz about 20 years ago.

Blue's Golden Comet also sired Movodo FWF Blue Carousel who stood at Crystal Ridge Farm until his death in 2012. Multiple World Champion sire and grandsire.

Cedar Grove Farm's Blue Sunrise was a beauty.

FWF Blue Araby's King's Ransom was a driving horse IIRC.

FWF Blue Boy's Blaze is the sire of a lot of super nice horses, including Philia Blaze's Joe Dandy.

FWF Blue Boy's Echo stood at Galloping G Miniatures (I think... he died young)

FWF Blue's Irish Rose was the dam of LM Hawk's Gypsy Rose (dam of Alliance Rodeo Red among others, gorgeous mare)

FWF Blue Boy's Delft Blue, FWF Blue Boy's Bird of Paradise, Shallamar Gold and FWF Blue Boy's Bunny I think were all show mares way back in the day, their names are ringing bells for me

Movodo FWF Blue Silk was owned by Cheryl Showah of ASA Miniatures back in the day. I cannot remember any of her foals but I remember she was tiny (smaller than what's on the report) and sweet and if you told me some of her foals I would probably place them.

Rolling Ridge Black and Blue, Rolling Ridge Blue Cindy, Rolling Ridge Blue Tiara, Rolling Ridge Rising Star, Rolling Ridge Red Head- all show mares in New England back in the early 1990s, and all beautiful. Tiara was beautiful. I think Rising Star and RedHead went on to have good brood careers, I think Black and Blue died young and I can't remember what became of Blue Cindy. I think RedHead produced some driving horses?

Flying W Farms Blues Golden Comet is grandsire of our stallion. His sire is simply just Blue Golden Comet. No prefix. He didn't produce a large number of foals, maybe he passed young as well, not sure.

OK I think I found some information on him....its not much. He looks to be in the pedigree of knollac Buckin Rythims Top Cat who is a reference sire for pacific pintos farm. They may have more information on him. I would send them an email or call.sorry its not much, but I hope this helps.

FWF Blue's Golden Comet was probably Blue Boy's most significant son. He died very young, I think in 1988 or 1989. I think only Blue Patent can approach him in terms of significance to the line. The Blue Golden Comet male line is still producing world champions today.

Here's what I can remember just looking at his progeny report:

He sired FWF Blue's Golden Illusion, who stood at Fallen Ash Farm in the early 1990s. Golden Illusion sired Fallen Ash Farm Irish Ladd, who was (is?) a gorgeous, gorgeous stallion (out of their matriarch FAF Irish Rose) and while he's never managed to become a name, he's sired a bunch of nice daughters. I believe he was exported to Oz about 20 years ago.

Blue's Golden Comet also sired Movodo FWF Blue Carousel who stood at Crystal Ridge Farm until his death in 2012. Multiple World Champion sire and grandsire.

Cedar Grove Farm's Blue Sunrise was a beauty.

FWF Blue Araby's King's Ransom was a driving horse IIRC.

FWF Blue Boy's Blaze is the sire of a lot of super nice horses, including Philia Blaze's Joe Dandy.

FWF Blue Boy's Echo stood at Galloping G Miniatures (I think... he died young)

FWF Blue's Irish Rose was the dam of LM Hawk's Gypsy Rose (dam of Alliance Rodeo Red among others, gorgeous mare)

FWF Blue Boy's Delft Blue, FWF Blue Boy's Bird of Paradise, Shallamar Gold and FWF Blue Boy's Bunny I think were all show mares way back in the day, their names are ringing bells for me

Movodo FWF Blue Silk was owned by Cheryl Showah of ASA Miniatures back in the day. I cannot remember any of her foals but I remember she was tiny (smaller than what's on the report) and sweet and if you told me some of her foals I would probably place them.

Rolling Ridge Black and Blue, Rolling Ridge Blue Cindy, Rolling Ridge Blue Tiara, Rolling Ridge Rising Star, Rolling Ridge Red Head- all show mares in New England back in the early 1990s, and all beautiful. Tiara was beautiful. I think Rising Star and RedHead went on to have good brood careers, I think Black and Blue died young and I can't remember what became of Blue Cindy. I think RedHead produced some driving horses?
Blue tiara died of founder issues I believe. Her last owner was Liz de bem. I have reflections of blue who came with her and maybe redhead?

Latest posts

Back