dogs?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an 18yr old dashound I have had since I was 5 years old....he's my baby!!!

And I'm getting a new puppy this weekend.....been several years in the making of getting the one, and it just happend to fall into place.

We have seven Salukis (and a puppy coming in the fall out of a bitch we bred and co-own):

Trulee, 14; P.Cee, 7; Risque, 7-1/2; Tasia, 7-1/2; Cherish, turning 11 in Aug.; Ruben, 4; and Coco, 10 mos. next week.

2 Siberian Huskies, Rudy, soon to be 11; & Jada, 9.

and 1 Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Lizzie, 1-1/2.

Shelley

Hubby's dog is our blue merle Mini Aussie, "Hinky". I used to have a solid white British Bull Terrier, "Cowboy", and a sable Sheltie, "Windy". Both passed away now, I miss them so much.
default_sad.png
After my Windy "left us", my hubby got me a new little friend though, his name is Rex, I call him my little "Rexxy-Pooh", LOL, he's a handsome little salt & pepper, Mini Schnauzer.
default_wub.png
:

Our current dog count is four. We were down to three, lost a very senior cocker this spring, and I had been saying very clearly that I wasn't going to get another dog thank you very much. Two Jack Russells and a Border Collie were quite enough! Horse shows, however, are dangerous places.....I came home from San Antonio with a Papillon/Mini Aussie cross that stole my heart. He's a liver chestnut & white, and I think may be my new horse show companion.
default_smile.png

Jan

i figured out why this thread got moved. sorry, moderators, it never occurred to me to post it here. oops!

wow, what a variety of dogs!!! now, everybody come back and post pics if you haven't already.
default_smile.png

ohhh siberian huskies, a breed near and dear to my heart. years ago i had a team of 2, used them for recreational sledding and had a blast. sweet dogs, so independent but oh boy, did they love to pull a sled!

I have a Border Collie and a Border Collie/Golden cross. The cross was a rescue- taken when his previous owner kicked him so hard multiple times as a small pup that his back leg was broken. After some large vet bills and slow healing, he now has one stiff back leg that does not bend and is a bit shorter than the other. (the bone had collapsed in on itself and was healing that way because they never took him to the vet) He has not let it slow him down and has no trouble keeping up with the other one. The vet assured me he was not in pain and said Festus had one leg shorter than the other and it never bothered him, so...

They are good boys- the BC is definitely a good watch dog and the other is too, but with a little 'happier' disposition about it.

I dont allow my dogs in with the horses though- that has always been a no-no for me and the BC has way to much herding and driving instinct and would worry the horses to death.

They are my buddies and are great 'help' in the back when I have things to do- feeding, cleaning, etc..

The Golden mix is so funny- colored like a BC, but hair coat like a Golden and always have to have something in his mouth- retrieving or presenting something. He will run and take the baling string off the hay bales and carry it around- but in true anal BC fashion, piles it all in a particular place in back. We call that his 'mosaic' - art of different colored baling string, LOL I will clean it all up and toss it, and he starts over. It's pretty funny.

The BC I bought as a pup from the litter and the other was about 4 1/2 months when he was 'appropriated' from the abusive owner.

:saludando: Add me to the love of dogs, too. But if it was up to hubby i don't think we would have any animals.

I have two:

8 yr old English Springer Spaniel "Shania"

Here at about 6 mon.

Project7.png

This spring:

IMG_0170.jpg

Then my 3 yr old rescue German Shep/ Lab mix Hoss. I say resuce because I found him on petfinder for adopt. but the foster home gave him no medical help and just kept the money for herself. He almost died on us, but after 3 months of nursing him, he is a huge moose that loves everyone and everything that is affraid of his own shadow.. He thinks he is a lap dog, and tried to rearrange my sisters face when they head butted when they both were going after his "squeakie"

ProjectHoss2.png

scan0005.jpg

Jodie

Yep, dogs here too!!

I own 2...an 11 year old mutt, Samantha, who was dropped off at the local vet clinic, and also a 2 year old Cardigan Welsh Corgi, Moxie, who is my pride and joy!

Sammie & Moxie

IMG_7242.jpg

and can't forget my Mom's dog Annabelle, the St.Bernard....with Moxie & buster the cat.

moxieandfriends.jpg

I have shown Moxie to her Canadian Championship...and we have 10 points so far towards her US CH. And we just earned her Rally Novice title in the US last month!
default_yes.gif
:

moxus22.jpg

~kathryn

Here's my crew:

UKC CH White Shepherd (German Shepherd), Heidi:

Heidi_small.jpg

Ilse, German Shepherd and great granddaughter of Rin Tin Tin, mother of Wolf:

ilse_free.jpg

Gretel, Czech bred German Shepherd:

gretel_adult_1.jpg

Anke, White Shepherd (German Shepherd) who's grandmother was the 2005 National Champion White Shepherd:

anke_08-11-06_small.jpg

Wolf, White Shepherd (German Shepherd) and son of Ilse:

wolf_04-14-07.jpg

Boogie and Daisy May, American Pit Bull Terriers:

boogiedaisyheadssmall.jpg

Filbert, American Pit Bull Terrier and son of Boogie and Daisy:

d5filbert_060307.jpg

Jean

OK.... You asked for more pictures :bgrin

This is such fun! Here are a few more pics....

All dressed up in their formal wedding attire.

You can see they were quite excited (LOL)

WeddingDogs.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]This is one of my favorite pictures. (Hershey & Gumbo)[/SIZE]

SleepingDogs.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Playtime (Argo, Hershey, & Lucky)[/SIZE]

ArgoLuckyHershey.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]These eyes just melt my heart (Rudi)[/SIZE]

RudiEyes.jpg

Absolutely dog lovers here... we currently have 10 total. I will have to edit this post later to add some pictures but I have some... I guess i will go in order of age.

Ahgee (which means "dog" in Korean) belonged to my husband and his boys "before" - he is a beagle/Queensland mix and now at 14 we are not expecting him to be around much longer. He is a good boy but having trouble walking and too big for us to pick up so when it gets to the point he can't get himself up the stairs to the house that will be our signal.

Samson and Delilah are litter mates age 6, dad was Maltese/Chihuahua with had long white hair and their mom was Min Pin and some kind of terrier with short black hair and 5 out of 6 pups were some shade of brown or gold... go figure! :eek: They were supposed to be "pocket puppies", but both grew to be over 15 pounds... Sam belongs to my daughter Hilary.

Grace is a purebred but unregistered Great Dane age 4. She belongs to my daughter Lindsey.

Tank will be 4 in November, his mom was yellow lab and Australian Shepherd, father unknown. Everyone thinks he is part Rottweiler but the wide head comes from the lab and the brown eyebrows from the Aussie... however we do know that his dad was at least part Chow because he has blue spots on his tongue.

Dogs020.jpg

Zacchaeus ("wee little man" from the Bible) was my 3rd try at a "pocket puppy" but he also outgrew his name... he is half JRT, 1/4 Pom and 1/4 Chihuahua but looks just like his JRT papa. He is on the left and that's Hannah on the right (see below).

Dogs038.jpg

Shasta is Tank's niece, so half of her is the same as Tank, and the other half from her mom is Queensland and Border Collie. She was the only pup out of 8 that looked like her uncle Tank and her aunt Tally who belongs to my daughter in Utah... so despite hubby's protests i brought her home
default_wub.png
:

DSCF0200.jpg

Hannah is a rat terrier, just turned a year old. She is hubby's dog.

Tanner is a red Queensland, about 5 months old. He also belongs to Lindsey. (shown here with Hannah and Darci)

DSCF1740.jpg

and last but certainly not least is my SUCCESSFUL pocket puppy... my long-haired Chihuahua, Darci
default_wub.png
: she is not quite 4 months old and still under 2 pounds so fingers are crossed LOL - her papa was 3 pounds and mer mama 5, so i am hoping for something under 5...

DSCF1728.jpg

and because we loved them also, waiting at the Rainbow Bridge are Laddie, Spunky, Dusty, Gypsy, Rainbow, Ribbon, Sandy, Gidget, another Gypsy, Toby, Sadie, Chloe, Trey and Haley :saludando:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the pictures of our dogs - the three German Shepherds- left to right

Tristan, Keisha, Khyzer

P1010006.jpg

Another picture of Keisha, she is my soul mate and is always at my side. I LOVE this dog and just dread to think of not having her by my side.

308661-R1-8A.jpg

And our little mischief sheltie - Mya-she is an escape artist and even though we have our yard fenced in, she scales the fence when motorcycles go by - therefore she must be tied unless we are outside with her.

P1010009.jpg

And last but not least our little rescue dog - Samantha

Samantha.jpg

3 spayed red &white Pembroke Corgis here,Ducky,Blondie(mom of Ducky)&Yoshie ,a rescue.I got my first corgi in 1972 and bred and showed them for a while.I used to have German Shepherds and lost my last 1 Sam in 2002 who was a GREAT,many times,grandson of my original Shepherd born in 1960-same line for 42 years. I love my dogs-they are my 4 legged kids.

The family has five dogs in total. A chow chow/golden (Tatum), a terrier mix (Pippen), and a standard long hair dachshund (Lumpi - not how you spell it, its German and I can't figure it out) and my two

Black, a chow chow/lab
CutestBlackever.jpg

and

Petit Chou a poodle/bichon frise
IMG_1545.jpg

Still trying to figure out pictures, so sorry for the sizing.

I have a 3 year old Swiss Mountain mix (Skagit) and an 8 week old Tricolor Pembroke Corgie (Henry).
default_yes.gif
:

We love the dogs here too!!! I have shown dogs for 30 years now, have shown and had winners and titles in obedience, lure coursing and breed shows. We currently own Chinese cresteds, affenpinschers, mini dachshunds and a puli, the dreadlocks dogs. A lot of our dogs are coowned so they dont all live with us But we are proud of them all. Here are some of the gang.

Below is Champion Zion, he is the 3rd generation of Champions Ive shown/bred in cresteds

Zion5ptmajorwin805small.JPG

This is a lovely little male crested pup u will probably be seeing more of soon
default_rolleyes.gif
:

sukminmhlstandsideGOOD12w.jpg

A very pretty affen pup we coown with Keely on the forum

permaceFEblkheldfacefrtlegsrealgood10wks.jpg

Here is a little cream male longhair dach at 8weeks old

sissytexmalestandfrtsideGood8wk.jpg

Our Puli Jammin playing wiith a cested pup

carmmoonMhljamminbothsitnice4407.jpg

carmmoonMhlJamminopenmouthGood4407.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, another dog lover here. I have a Siberian Husky (my boy... Glacier) and my hubby has a pit bull (Ceasar). His dog is just as special to him as mine is to me, and I know that my mom is just as fond of her dog as well. I just can't imagine my life without a dog in it.

Glacier (I took this picture last year)

ebaad4f3.jpg

Ceasar (I took this picture last year as a 5 month old puppy)

ef8a5e67.jpg

And this one is Brandy. She is my mom's Siberian Husky. I adore her as well. (I took this picture of her last year.)

f05ccbf1.jpg

Tank will be 4 in November, his mom was yellow lab and Australian Shepherd, father unknown. Everyone thinks he is part Rottweiler but the wide head comes from the lab and the brown eyebrows from the Aussie... however we do know that his dad was at least part Chow because he has blue spots on his tongue.
Actually there may be no chow....newfies often have black spots on their tongues, also shar pei have blue tongues and I have seen other breeds as well with the spotted tongues.

Quite the crew you have there :bgrin

Latest posts

Back