Dog attack here at SevenAcres

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DebiM

Reaction score
We were VERY VERY lucky!!!!! David was home when he attacked Mathew, Natalie and Tai in their dry lot. He'd just brought them in from their pasture and the dog was just there..........wagging his tail. David told him to go on and get out of here. We'd never seen him before today. He was skin and bones so had to have been dumped somewhere.

To make a long story short the next thing David knew he had attacked Mat. David and Mathew tried to get him off. Mat was kicking him, swinging him and David hitting him. David finally found a brick and started hitting him in the head with. He said that he was afraid to leave to get the gun because he could kill them that quick. Finally he must have dazed him and he let go. Before David could get there to hit him again he was up and one Natalie. He punctured her leg and Mathew & David attacked him. They got him off again and David hit him in the head with the brick. He got up and jumped on Mathew again. By this time Christy heard her Daddy hollering and ran to the house for the gun. The next time he was able to beat him loose they shot him. He would NOT stop attacking.

This was our first experience with a Pit Bull and they are just as vicious as everyone says. Dang dog walked up smiling wagging his head then almost killed my horses!

Below is a picture of Mathew and a link to more pictures. He has two punctures on his back that David missed when he took the pics. They all had a Tetanus, are on Penicillian, Banamine, Bedadine and and strong antiseptic spray. Hopefully we'll be able to avoid infection. This just makes me sick but after seeing some of the other attacks I do know how lucky we are that David was there.

Guys, if you see a stray pitt bull get your gun before you try to run him off!

Debi

Pictures of Mathew & Nat

DSCF2736.JPG

Oh my gosh I am so sorry for your horses. It was really lucky that David was there to protect the minis, and that Christy was able to bring the gun. Pitbulls are terrible, once they get something in their mind there is no going back. I'm glad your minis are ok and sometimes the three S's are the only way to go :no: . Prayers that they will heal quickly for you
default_pray.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no Debi, this is just terrible. Another dog attack. What gives with this anyhow? It's so out of control! I swear, this is just horrible. I'm so sorry that you all had to be put through this. Poor Mathew and Nat are going to be so sore but thank God David was there to save him. Without a doubt Angels were watching over your place today.

Oh Debbie

My heart just sank when I saw your post. Thank You Lord they are both okay. Well

we know they have some healing to do. But it could have been worse. Thank goodness

your husband was there to help fight them off, Horay for him :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:.

How so scarey. Sounds like Mathew did good to. I will say some prayers for them.

Your husband did the right thing, in killing him. It is hard to do, but if not he keep attacking

and might be a person next time, or hurt another mini or horse.

Prayers and Hugs

Vicky

So sorry about the injuries. But, IMO pits can't be trusted! OK, some may be fine for their owner but, I have seen too many that are wicked. My son has had a couple of them, the last would bite in a heartbeat and never even growl first :new_shocked: I believe they "lock" their jaws and hang on....very relentless once they begin an attack.

The puncture/cut on the left hip looks the worst -- you can only imagine what it would be like had David not been there!!! Hopefully they will heal quickly and without issues.

Oh Debi, Prayers coming for your Dear Mat and Nat, And for your Fanily,

Do take care of yourself Debi, I know this is a shock to your system, it will hit you later

Just take care of yourself ok,, {{Hugs}} and Prayers coming your way.

Oh Debi,

You are SO LUCKY! Thank goodness it was not worse, and it sure could have been!

B

Man, were you were LUCKY it wasn't even worse........Thank heaven David was there. Thank heaven your little Matthew fought. And thank heaven Christy finally heard what was happening and got the gun.

Matthew's puncture wound looks the most worrisome. Will be sending postive thoughts and prayers that no infection set in.

MA

It just makes me sick thinking of how horrified they were & how bad it could have been. Mathew normally will not let any animal in his lot. David said before the attack that Mat did not come anywhere near that dog. I've seen him throw pygmy goats, dogs and chickens out of his pasture and lot. He had to of senses the dog was dangerous. I'd NEVER own one of those horrid animals!

Debi

:new_shocked: OMG!!! I am so sorry for this!! So glad David was there, or I can only imagine the damage/losses that would have occurred otherwise. How scary!!

OMG Debi! I feel terror reading that and knowing what would have happened had David not been there! *SHUDDER*

Poor Mat and the others. Is the dog being tested for rabies?

$@%$ dog!

{{{hugs}}} and Thank God it was not worse!

Is the dog being tested for rabies?
That was my first thought too.

So glad everything is under control now, it could have been alot worse. Thoughts and prayers headed your way for everyones recovery. How awful and terrifying.

Is the dog being tested for rabies?
That was my first thought too.

So glad everything is under control now, it could have been alot worse. Thoughts and prayers headed your way for everyones recovery. How awful and terrifying.

Holy cow.....I'm so sorry Debi..certainly providence David was home and not just Christy! I can't imagine the level of fear Mathew and Nat and DAVID were at...hope the horses recover from their wounds without infection or any problems..That Mathew, darn good thing he doesn't like to share his pasture with critters..he's a hero too! ~HUGS~

I'm so glad that both David and Mathew fought that dog off. I'd hate to think what would of happened if David wasn't there. He and Christy(and Mathew) are certainly heros in my book! I'm glad Christy had the presence of mind to get the gun! As many times as that dog was hit in the head and didn't die shows you how tough those pit bulls are! I pray that your horses and family recover fully from both the physical and mental injuries.

[SIZE=14pt]Oh Debbie how awfull! Im so glad no one was killed....[/SIZE]

Lyn

Debi,

How awful!! Poor little Matthew and Natalie! They must have both been so scared. Good thing Matt is so tough and was in there fighting.

It is so lucky that David was home and Christy was able to get the gun.

Those pit bulls are so tough and they seem to have jaws of steel. Hugs and prayers for your family and your precious little minis.

I am so sorry for your experience and certainly know your feelings all too well. Thank goodness David was there or your story would, not could, be much worse.

Latest posts

Back