Doesn't this look like a brindle?......Sorta?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At first glance, yes. However, if you zoom in it is clear to see that he is really just a buckskin - the brinble marks are actually skin rolls, shadows and photoshop edits. So, IMO, no brindle.
default_smile.png

It looks like in his foal pictures he had some darker hair over the back of his neck and down his back. He definitely has some interesting coloring going on there.

Actually, he is a smutty buckskin. The smutty gene will give that dirty coloring on his body and will sometimes make some striping. I have a bay filly who has those markings on her shoulders, she is a smutty bay. Her dam is carrying the smutty gene as can be seen by the dorsal stripe down her back. The filly has that stripe too.

My buckskin stallion was registered as a dun because of his dorsal stripe, but he too is just a smutty buckskin. He is the sire of my filly Marbles who is a true brindle. Still waiting on more results with her, but so far it seems that she will be able to reproduce herself. I think the smutty gene is at play with her too.

and photoshop edits. So, IMO, no brindle.
default_smile.png
WHY do people insist on editing their pictures when they really can't do a good job and all they're left with is a patently obvious retouch job?

I've never understood this. Photos get retouched all the time. But why put it out there when it's obvious that's what's happened? All it tells me (THE CONSUMER) is that there is something in the original I'm not supposed to see.

Maybe it's a pile of poop.

Maybe it's a big fat nasty neck/throat with enough blubber rolls to make a SharPei envious.

But why do something that instantly makes potential clients think somethings up?

I've never understood that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back