Does Nina look alright?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angiestan

Reaction score
I looked all over for a mini to compare Nina too, but I'm not finding what I want. My first foal died at 7 months old (dummy foal) so I don't have much to compare her to. I'm not liking what her head shape is, or do you think it is just all that hair. Something just looks off, but again, I'm not seeing any other woolly 9 month olds to compare her too. Any thoughts?

432022_10150639369417768_839292767_9178054_1361891529_n.jpg

Not the best picture to judge from, odd angle; and yes it can be very hard to see what is under all the hair in winter. do you have any other pictures to post, maybe that would help?

Not the best picture to judge from, odd angle; and yes it can be very hard to see what is under all the hair in winter. do you have any other pictures to post, maybe that would help?
agree but i say most likely hair. her jaw looks good and so dose her eyes... might be a lil parinoid... but ur gut feeling usally is right, remeber that!

It's really not fair to you or the horse to be judging her while in her winter woolies. Clipping my yearlings is one of my favorite things to do every year because you just can NOT see how they're maturing under the hair. Make sure she is fed really well and then come spring, shave her down and then make your judgements. But not just yet
default_smile.png
I can see in your picture that your filly is nice and refined under all the fuzz though-look at the legs and nice small hooves. My yearlings, and it looks like yours too, grow extra long hair around their jaws and just above their muzzle which gives the odd face shape. Really though, as long as she is getting the nutrition she needs, I think you're going to be really pleasantly surprised when she's shaved
default_smile.png

I agree with Ohmt, it is really hard to say at this time of year. As long as she is getting a good nutritional diet just wait and see. The best thing about having babies is clipping off their head and neck in spring. It is like xmas cos you get a totally new horse.
default_smile.png

The filly in my avatar looks alot like that in her winter hair. She grows soooo much of it! But clips off beautiful!

here are two fat and fluffy 9 month olds to compare , none of them look good in winter coat so stop worrying !!!

010.JPG

007.JPG

011.JPG

013.JPG

012.JPG

Thanks everyone. Thanks supaspot exactly what i needed to see. Just something about the space between the eyes seemed off, but your is the same, so i guess i am not used to fuzzy wuzzy babies. Yes, she is still my baby:)

We have had so many babies at this time of year, where we think they are never going to make show horses and are preparing to find them pet homes and then you clip them out and just love them. I have learned that just pre-clip is not the time to assess babies!

Latest posts

Back