Does Katy look ready

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srpwildrose

Reaction score
I've been waiting and waiting and waiting. Her milk is still clear, and bagged up for 2 weeks..............input please, (pasture bred)
yes.gif

Katy.jpg

Hi Susan

I would say yes she looks close. She looks very full in the flanks and caved in in the butt. However... I do not know this mare so look for this.

Is her butt (tail head) soft and spongy?

Is her tail have little or no resistance when you try to lift it?

How big is her bag, is it full and tight, are her nipples full, do they point down?

Is what you get out sticky or amber in color?

These are things I would watch for now as to me it is obvious it will be soon.

This is the textbook version of what will be some of the final tell tale signs;

Her milk will turn cloudy or look like skim milk

Her teats will hang straight down not in at all and they will resemble little miniature marshmallows, nice and plump. Her bag and nipples may even get shiny.

Keep us posted!

She looks pretty close to me. (she is also very pretty ...love the color). Im sure she is going to have a beautiful colt. I want to see pictures when she has it.

Leeana

What a pretty little mare!!

Yes, by the looks of this picture Katy looks ready but then every mare is different, just when I think I have my mares figured out they do something entirely different.

Pregnant mares and mare stare!! Gotta love it!!

Thanks everyone.............I will be keeping a close eye on her even more.
wink.gif

~~Is her butt (tail head) soft and spongy? YES

~~Is her tail have little or no resistance when you try to lift it? NO

~~How big is her bag, is it full and tight, are her nipples full, do they point down? SUPER FULL AND TIGHT, ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT

~~Is what you get out sticky or amber in color? NO, JUST WATERY

~~These are things I would watch for now as to me it is obvious it will be soon.

~~This is the textbook version of what will be some of the final tell tale signs;

~~Her milk will turn cloudy or look like skim milk

~~Her teats will hang straight down not in at all and they will resemble little ``miniature marshmallows, nice and plump. Her bag and nipples may even get ``shiny.

``Keep us posted!

Susan,

I think she looks ready, but what do I know?
frusty.gif
I always think mine look ready for at least two-three weeks before they foal. Some days they look more ready and others they don't look as close as they did the day before.
whistling.gif
It always drives me crazy waiting.

Hope you get a beautiful black and white filly. Be sure to show us a picture when it comes.

Latest posts

Back