Does anyone know?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chico

Reaction score
Okay, here's the scoop. I have two geldings, and I know for sure their geldings. Although I have seen male behavior from the older of the two. I haven't in the younger until the last few days. Our mares are young enough they go in heat and I have seen the older donkey show that he knows. The younger donkey acts like he knows too as of the last few days and the boys are grumping at each other. Is this normal for geldings? Is this why their grumping? And, how long does a heat last? The boys are such buds and it makes me sad to seem them fuss at each other.

chico

Last edited by a moderator:
:saludando: Hi Chico, How old is Mac?? It might be that he is mature enough now to "maybe" ? understand the smell?? and also following Pj's behaviour ??? Maybe?

I am NOT an expert by no means
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I know girls
default_yes.gif
:

and they will " Grump" each other while the other is in heat...lip "Smacking" the whole works
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Zepp is really enjoying this and now thinks he can "Grump" anything himself
default_unsure.png
:

His attitude will be altered very soon :bgrin :saludando:

Thanks for the answers.
default_smile.png
Mac just turned one and P.J. two. P.J. has always acted all boy. :bgrin I would be scared to see him as a jack! Like mentioned he doesn't seem to know he's been gelded. Mac acts much more like a little guy until a few days ago. Both boys have been doing a lot of smelling, making faces, and doing this little hoppy dance. I really think Mac is "growing" up. :new_shocked. They did seem a little better today.

chico

Latest posts

Back