Does anyone know of a good mini horse sale?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kayla221444

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good Miniature horse sale, either in PA, NY,NJ,NH,Mass, Marryland or any that broadcast over the net and you can call in a bid? I am looking for a good sale/auction. That puts through Registered minis. Any info and dates would be great.

Greencastle PA will have a sale in May. It is not online but you can go and bid. All horeses are registered.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some really nice horses on this saleboard for sale and I'm sure some of them are close to your area. I am always cautious about general sales since there are people who take horses with problems and don't say anything.. I have been to a few production sales of farms and the quality is usually very good and there are some bargains. Reece Family Miniatures in Delaware usually has a sale in August and there are some very nice horses in that one and last year there were consignment horses.That sale was on the internet in 2007 and you could do phone bids. I think there is a sale in PA at Littlestown sometime in the spring put on by Bonnie and Walter Smith and someone else.Bonnie raises many of her own Minis. Littlestown is just north of the Maryland border north of the Baltimore area I think.

Big consignment sales are buyer beware, although there is a chance to get a nice horse many people do bring mares that can't be bred, horses with hidden health problems and there are a lot of sad stories about people never getting paperwork on those horses. There are many breeders within driving distance of where you live and it is certainly worth visiting them or checking out websites. Again you may get a bargain at a sale or a lot of problems, it is often a case of you get what you pay for.
default_sad.png

Hoosier Breeder sale - April 29th in Shipshewana IN. Nice horses, all miniatures. I think all are registered. I've bought and sold several, and know of several people who have bought top quality breeding and show stock through them. Go to DOUBLEDIAMOND.ORG - Auctions.

April 12, 2008 is The VIP Sale in Littlestown, Pa. 10 miles east of Gettysburg, Pa. It is a consignment sale consisting of top quality registered Miniature horses. There will be show quality horses, some that have been shown sucessfully already, breeding stock, driving horses and alot of young horses, with pedigrees that include some of the top Minis in the country. Sale starts at 1 PM, free lunch at 12. All buyers will have a chance to win a free horse. Door prizes, silent auction and vendors will be available.

Is thier a web site to the sale in Littlestown?

Little King Heritage Sale--Memorial Day Weekend--I believe that it will be on line

IAMHA --April--Auction on line

East Coast--Reece Family Miniatures has a production and consignement sale--I think that it will be online--August?

Check Mare Stare for upcoming auctions

It's helpful when looking at auciton horses (and there are some VERY good horses on line)--do your homework, research horses often you can contact the person selling ahead of time for more information.

Linda

I second the Greencastle, Pa mini horse sale. All horses are reg. and most A size. I bought one there last spring and I couldn't be any happier. I also have to say Timber Ridge brings some nice ones there as well and talk about color in pintos she has them.
default_biggrin.png

April 12, 2008 is The VIP Sale in Littlestown, Pa. 10 miles east of Gettysburg, Pa. It is a consignment sale consisting of top quality registered Miniature horses. There will be show quality horses, some that have been shown sucessfully already, breeding stock, driving horses and alot of young horses, with pedigrees that include some of the top Minis in the country. Sale starts at 1 PM, free lunch at 12. All buyers will have a chance to win a free horse. Door prizes, silent auction and vendors will be available.
IS THERE A WEBSITE TO VIEW CONSIGNED HORSES, BEFORE THE ACTUAL SALE? I AM IN NY

They have a reliable sale in October, should be the 11th, in Canfield Ohio that is put on from the Tri-State Miniature Horse Club that is to be a good sale with horses of quality and color plus bring good prices from what I have be told from people that had sold horses there and have purchased some as well.

We have never bought a horse at a consignment sale and never have taken any horse to one either. If we go to a sale its usually for round pen panels and gates, stall dividers and other equipment that needs hauled personally and not shipped by common carrier dealing with freight costs. We have always purchased horses directly from the breeders facility.

I went to the sale in Shipshwanna last year for the first time (It was called Chupps sale) and was very pleased with the horses that were consigned. Many, many very nice horses!!

I went to the sale in Shipshwanna last year for the first time (It was called Chupps sale) and was very pleased with the horses that were consigned. Many, many very nice horses!!
This now the Hoosier Classic sale, and is being handled by Double Diamond Farm. Missed last year due to daughters wedding (hmmmphhff, she wanted me there instead at the sale where IIIII wanted to be) I've been several times and they've always had some nice horses.

This one is not in one of the states you listed but for those of you looking for sale info the Bluegrass Miniature Horse Club Sale is April 12th at Shelbyville Kentucky. I think this is our 11th or 12th year putting this sale on.

I believe some of the horses at the Greencastle PA auction are only registered with World Class, Blue Seal etc. They also offer donkeys.

The VIP sale (new one) will only accept AMHA and AMHR horses. At least this is what I have heard. We plan to go and check it out.

We should wear name tags, it would be nice to meet the people you talk to, online.
default_yes.gif

I will be helping to present 1/2 the horses at this sale (I am so excited!!)

and they will be putting it on the web and you can call in and bid. I will be sure to wave to everyone!!

Sarah~

Rosemill Training Center

This now the Hoosier Classic sale, and is being handled by Double Diamond Farm. Missed last year due to daughters wedding (hmmmphhff, she wanted me there instead at the sale where IIIII wanted to be) I've been several times and they've always had some nice horses.

This one is not in one of the states you listed but for those of you looking for sale info the Bluegrass Miniature Horse Club Sale is April 12th at Shelbyville Kentucky. I think this is our 11th or 12th year putting this sale on.

Here is the link to the sale flyer and the horses are posted online as well..

http://www.bluegrassminiatures.com/PDFs/saleflyer.pdf

Very nice sale, it will be next weekend in Shelbyville, KY.
default_yes.gif

I have bought horses at both the Shipshewna and the Bluegrass Miniature Club sales. They are both nice sales. Have been happy with the horses I have bought at both.

Greencastle only has registered horses. AMHR/AMHA. I like the sale.

However, I do no one of the ladies at the VIP sale and she is very sweet with a great family. And I do believe that halfof the horses are hers and the other lady running the sale. So with that said I beleive that serves as good credibility because you kind of know where they came from.

Latest posts

Back