Does anyone here have experience in adopting a child

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole

Reaction score
My sister is looking into adopting a child, I think it's a really cool idea. I have been trying to help her but not sure where to start. How to get involved and what are the pros and cons.

Any suggestions

[SIZE=18pt]I would contact your local Department of Social Services. My mom is a foster parent, and we've just been approved to be a foster family. She could ask them if they have any kids in care that are for adoption and they could pooint her in the right direction. I hope that helps. Good luck and god bless.[/SIZE]

Christy

Your sister has several different avenues and different things to think on.

I am adopted. And my daughter is too........ We went through several adoption attempts over the years until Brianna.

There are books you can read on the subject, that may help.

Some of things you need to think about are --

Do you want an infant only? If you are willing to look for an older child, what is the age cut-off?

Would you consider a child that has either physical or mental or emotional problems? (This takes a very special person, so don't be embarrassed to answer honestly.)

Would you consider a child from a different ethnic background from you? (There are many African American children available through Children Services. There are also children in other countries available through International Adoption Agencies.)

If you are looking for an infant, how open of an adoption are you okay with?

I recommend that you (your sister) write everything down. These are questions that you will be asked over and over again.

Feel free to PM me.

MA

Latest posts

Back