Does anyone have a stand or something to put their minis on to trim?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBhorses

Reaction score
Does anyone put their minis on stand for trimming? I was told you can get something to put your minis up on to help with trimming.If someone has something. share photos and ideals.

thanks

Nope, hubby just puts on his knee pads..
default_smile.png

Yes, our son made Les a stand for putting the foot on while trimming and I will try and get a picture of it today and send it to you. Tractor Supply usually carries a stand for trimming and it is similar tothe one we have...might check them out also. Mary

Does anyone put their minis on stand for trimming? I was told you can get something to put your minis up on to help with trimming.If someone has something. share photos and ideals.

thanks

My farriers have three of these, one in draft, regular, and mini. They can be used to cradle the foot and also as the traditional stand for finishing (rasping or finishing the clinches).

Here is the website... they are pricey but pay for themselves over time.

Hoof Jack stands for farriers

Hi

I emailed you a picture of a stand that my friend Marrion has.

I have not figured out how to post pictures,

I hope that is all right with you.

Deb

I won't take a picture now because what we hve is very similar to the pictures of the Hoofjacks.

Not sure now, if you are talking about a platform or just a stand for their feet for filing?

Here is one way of doing it.

Rowdyfirsttrim2.jpg

Here is what my hubby made, with 4 skids, and a ramp.....Our farrier love it.....

Standfortrimmingminis.jpg

StandingwithCourtney.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
one of our clients made a stand and cradle for us

i use it occasionally ive gotten into the habit of putting the minis foot over my leg

i have used the cradle more for older big horses then little ones

dawn

i only have one yearling filly and i have found that putting her foot on my knee is to high for hr so i just kneel down on one knee and put her foot on my toe to rasp, works for me

I always told my farrier we would make him a stand..sort of like what you would use for a goat, to milk..but modified for a mini and safer, goat vs equine.....thought it was a good idea just haven't done it yet. It will take thought.

Latest posts

Back