Does any one still have mares to foal this year?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spottedminis45107

Reaction score
Just curious to see if anyone still has mares about to foal this year? and that they are on a camera?? i am wanting to sit up some nights and watch 'em as i am doing a project on mares and thier behavior before and after foaling.and it would be pretty cool to catch one getting close to foaling.(i have seen mares foal before but im just trying to get some differences between the mares)
default_biggrin.png

I still have Fancy, that is due anytime and she is on Marestare! I would very much welcome the extra eyes!!!

Cam is usually off during the day while they are out but usually on by 8:00 pm eastern time.

Fancy @ Giddy Up Mini Acres Foal Cam on Marestare

I thought around 4:30 this morning she was acting like she was ready to go, got dressed and watched.....only to watch her eventually go stand in her normal corner!!

No, but i do have two mares that are still open that i wanted bred for next year (i must have somehow missed their foal heat..ugh) that i believe i will just leave them open until next year as i do not want to breed them this late in season..

Sorry, my last mare just foaled on Monday morning. I second going to marestare.com. I know of several mares who we are still watching.

Kim-Ive been watching Fancy on cam each evening. Pretty little mare. I call her "tail swisher" LOL!

You'll find some in Australia where the foaling season has just begun!
default_wink.png

I have a mare on marestare at the moment, the time difference would ahve her on cam during your day though (its our night).

She is still a little bit off foaling i think, but she is a maiden, so anything goes
default_yes.gif

FOALCAM

Sorry, my last mare just foaled on Monday morning. I second going to marestare.com. I know of several mares who we are still watching.
Kim-Ive been watching Fancy on cam each evening. Pretty little mare. I call her "tail swisher" LOL!
cretahillsgal...thanks for watching!!! Yes, she is my "Cheerleader" girl with that tail! It goes like that 24/7.....365 days a year NONSTOP!!! Yep.... her tail is NOT the indicator with Miss Fancy Pants! She will be one to just lay down and foal.....hopefully all goes well with her again!

Oh, she was supposed to be due May 20th....NOT! I thought for sure her and Bonnie were bred, never saw them come back into heat at all last summer. Evidently they fooled me since Bonnie just delivered a couple of weeks ago and Fancy has not yet! That's what I get for feeling sorry for Bucky Boy being all alone and letting the girls hang out with him. He is such a gentleman with them that he deserves companionship BUT this going on 3 months of "is she ready" is driving me CRAZY!
default_new_shocked.gif
I may have to find him a gelding or something to buddy up with
default_wink.png
as I do NOT want to go through another year like this again!

Hey all,

thanks!!! and i will be watching Fancy!!and the others!! i love watching the birthing process and love writing about it! we had a horse mare foal this year a beautiful paint foal, but it was gettin scary because it had been like 10 mins and she was pushing and we saw his feet,and we honestly didnt realize he wasnt flipped all the way and thats when we got up and went to her and got her up and she laid back down and rolled and flipped him over...so yeah its like a touch and go with these guys....i always love to hear a good foaling story.
default_biggrin.png
dont get me wrong we have had lost a few horse foals before
default_no.gif
but this coming year will be our first crop mini foals....

Hi,

you guys are right,Fancy does like to swish her tail alot! i have noticed her laying down at 3:14am and again at 3:36am...also at 3:55 i believe she was rubbing her butt on the wall, but i really cant tell as her butt is out of the cameras veiw....just thought i would twll ya what i saw...you guys are prolly watching her too...did anybody else see the mouse hop across the stall??lol

LOL.....no mice in my barn....not with Tony the Tiger on gaurd, my little hunter cat that doesn't let ANYTHING get by him.....except toads! You probably saw the toads Bert or Ernie or both! They hang out with her all night and sometimes Tony even sleeps in her stall too!

LOL. yes it was a toad,i felt stupid after i had typed that....then i saw it jumping around...lol....but yeah she is a really beautiful little mare.def. not boring to watch as she does move around alot! she almost acted like her tummy hurt last night about 5 in the morning...
default_unsure.png

I still have Fancy, that is due anytime and she is on Marestare! I would very much welcome the extra eyes!!!
Cam is usually off during the day while they are out but usually on by 8:00 pm eastern time.

Fancy @ Giddy Up Mini Acres Foal Cam on Marestare

I thought around 4:30 this morning she was acting like she was ready to go, got dressed and watched.....only to watch her eventually go stand in her normal corner!!
Hi,

i have been watching Fancy for the last few days except yesterday,as it said it wasnt available....but i have noticed her rollin tonight(which im sure you are watchin her too) her stall is really bright tonight! the camera comes on then it takes it a min. to come back and all....it has been doing that and idk why it does....do you have any clue on why it might do it? just curious!!! oh and i cant wait to see what she has!!!

Latest posts

Back