Do you want to see my "twitchy" filly?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Marnie
default_saludando.gif
I don't have any advice on the twitching but wanted to say hi and what a cutie your filly is
default_smile.png

Domperidone is wonderful stuff - I've used it on two or three mares to bring milk in and it never fails. If your mare is lacking in that department it's sure worth doing. Can't imagine why your vets don't use it.

Filly is quite a doll.
default_smile.png

Jan

Thanks everyone, I think she is so cute too.

I just got in from feeding her. this time she willingly took 50 cc's instead of the 40. The mare had no milk in the bag but the nipples were moist so the baby must have nursed it out, I see her sucking for about 25 seconds a couple of times between my feedings. I'm happy to say that I had to loosen the little blanket that I had put on her two days ago so she is growing.

The filly is starting to lay more now with her feet tucked under her instead of straight out and jerking so much, she is actually running around in the stall right now, it's good to see. She sure is cute, I think I need to think of a good name for her.

By the way, here in WI it is spitting snow with high winds, did someone say it was April?

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear things are looking up! It was good to talk with you!

Robin

Marnie, I bet you were smiling big when you saw her running around the stall!!! She is adorable
love0075.gif

Marnie,

I'm so glad the filly is doing so much better. She is definitely a little doll baby! I can remember when we took her mom BeBop to the nursing homes, she was also tiny and so easy going - the nursing home residents just loved her quiet ways and mannerisms.

I bet "little baby bop" will be just like her mom! You really do need to think of a name or I am afraid "Baby Bop" will start to stick! HA!

default_wub.png
ah nice words to read first thing this morning, you are doing a great job for her. Name? hmmmmmmmmm

She's adorable.
default_wub.png
I'm glad to hear she's looking better and I hope she continues to improve.

Latest posts

Back