Do you think she is bred?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I3Emommy

Reaction score
I just purchased this mare. She looks bred to me and pretty far along at that. However I am relatively new to mini's and have never had a mare foal. Does she look pregnant and if so when is you're best guess for foaling?

horse pics 001.JPG

That picture doesnt show a whole lot and I have a mare that looks like that and isnt pregnant. You would want to squat down taking the pic and then from front and behind. Any spring?

Hello and welcome to Lil B from Italy.
saludando.gif
Congratulations on your new mare, she is a cutie. She does seem to have a rather large tummy, can you take some pics of her udder and her hooha? Also when you take photos of her tummy it is best if you get down really low to the ground other wise they look tubby. Do you know anything about her past, who she was running with?

saludando.gif
renee

Sorry to say but from the picture it is impossable to tell. I have several laid off from work brood mares that look just like that because they are eating too much hay, can we say fat? did the previous owner say she was bred, and if so when? You could try to get some pictures from the rear and the front, but get down to her level. Also you could buy a wee foal testing kit, or get your vet to do a blood test, or exam.

Hard to tell if she is or not. I have a mare that never looks pregnant. Not even fat and she will foal. I have no idea where she hides it. She is 34" right on the mark.

I can't say for sure from these photos and as some have said, some mares are very hard to tell by looking. Sometimes only an US or blood test or urine test will tell. BUT...she does look like it's possible. Is her bag soft or hard?

Also, she looks familiar to me. Does her name have "Bright Eyes" in it?

Her bag feels soft and I tried to see if I could get some milk out and could not. I don't know if I should be able to or not? I will check her papers to see her name

Latest posts

Back