Do you think it will happen in time?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAM

Reaction score
The beautiful Mill Creek Valley~Prineville, OR
Our maiden mare Missy who is bred to our stallion Incredible, is due to foal anyday. The big kicker is my family is leaving on a 2 week vacation on May 16th for northern Canada. I need good thoughts and prayers and all your fingers crossed that she will foal before we leave.

Before you get too excited let me explain. The kids and I ALWAYS take our vacations without my husband because he is working hard and can't get away easily from the office (I have driven them halfway across the country and into Canada many times in an RV without my other half along). My husband got really excited at the local Sportsman Show a couple months ago when he talked to a guide about hunting in Alberta, Canada and signed us up for the trip. We have never hunted.
default_rolleyes.gif
: Well, it is a spring hunt that has to take place in May so he booked it for almost the last week in May with an extra week in there to drive to and from.

I have NW Mare Services on alert and ready to foal her out if needed but I hate the idea of the added stress on her in going that route, not to mention the cost. I was really torn when all this came up about the trip but, as much as I love my horses, my husband being able to take a vacation, even a hunting one, with us as a family is important for our kids. This is the first vacation he has taken in 10 years and will be the first with us as a family.

Tonight when I checked Missy she has a firm, warm bag but it isn't completely full yet; may never be. I can express some slightly sticky fluid and she is more agitated tonight: some tail swishing, rubbing her head in the straw, shifting weight back and forth on back feet regularly, tossing her head, staring at her sides and she has dropped; all a change from previous nights when she has been nothing but calm. I have had her under the camera at night, letting her out of the stall during the day to graze but checking on her frequently in the pasture.

Please cross your fingers in hopes she has this foal without complications before we leave: 11 days and counting.
default_unsure.png
:

A photo of mom...

Missy1.jpg

And dad...

Incredible1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooh! You have my thoughts and prayers for a safe, easy delivery within 11 days!!!
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Adding my prayers and good thoughts for your mare to foal soon so you can quit worrying!
default_yes.gif
:

I'm betting that she does foal in plenty of time before you leave.

Btw, I've always loved Incredible, so be sure to post pics of that baby if you get a chance to before you leave, ok?
default_smile.png
Good luck!

Prayers going your way that your mare will foal before you leave. And, yes, take that vacation altogether for the first time in a long time. Glad you have a foaling plan in motion in case she doesn't foal before you leave. Good luck, hope the baby comes soon, and have a safe and wonderful vacation.

Joyce L

Back