Do you recognize this mare?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic Marker Minis

Reaction score
Hi!

I bought this mare a couple of weeks ago, here in Tucson. The previous owner got her from someone in South Dakota. The mare is about 4 years old and the second owner back (the one in South Dakota) bought her from an auction... She is approximately 32" - 33" tall. These aren't the best photos so hopefully you can get an idea of her conformation.

I'm hoping two things... I'm hoping someone recognizes her and may know she's already registered, but if not, is she worth hardshipping into AMHA?

P.S. She may or not be pregnant. She ran with a sorrel pinto stallion from May to September (in South Dakota) before she went to auction.

Thanks in advance for your help!

eta - sorry, my name is Kari and I've actually been on this board before, but, for some reason I can't retrieve my original 'handle.'

IMG_20120929_112356-1.jpg

IMG_20120929_112441-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
<lololololol> Yep, that's Wind and Rain, also known as Creta Hills Okie Winds A Blowin and Creta Hills Lotto Sweet Rain. <g> Both of these fillies have grown up to be very fine 'filly/mares.' They're going on three years old so can't quite call them fillies any more because they have filled out very nicely, but they're not quite 3 years olds so can't call them mares. I love them dearly, but, would you believe, they are no longer best buddies? Rain beats up on Wind so I have to keep them separate. I plan on starting them both to cart this winter and show them next year... I want some more of your horses! I love your breeding program and I love Nort!

I bought Rain from Reflections and Wind from Julie last year.

Kari (Masoner)

Magic Marker Minis (we're so new at this our wings are still wet!)

Tucson AZ

Kari, I sure wish you'd send me nice pics of the filly/mare some time! Yup, Rain is out of my mare Sophie and sired by Nort! I'd be honored for you to have more of my breeding at your place! I'd love to see how lil miss thunder pants (Rain) is maturing!

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Contact Lonnie Sharping in SD-she may have been bought at one of his auctions and it does look like she could be a Texans Play Boy bred mare (he was a Ntl Grand Champion sire for Lonnie that sired lots of black pintos).

I sent an e-mail but the reply was no they didn't know the mare. They mentioned a Jerry Axtman in N. Dakota and I googled but didn't come up with anything...

Thanks!

Kari

The name sounds familiar, but I don't know him. I bet Lonnie can get you contact info-he knows everyone
default_smile.png

I found Jerry Axtman in the white pages for North Dakota.

Latest posts

Back