Do You Have a Favorite Time of Year...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Do you have a favorite time of year to get a new horse?

I do!

I like the fall best of all. I don't like how hot and humid the summers are here, the spring's so unpredictable with rain and the winter can be cold and snow.

In the fall, I have more time off and the weather is pretty nice. Plus, you've got a long time before spring to get to know and work with your horses if you bought them partly for show purposes.

Of course, I just got three of my guys from Erica's last week so they are fall new comers. I got my first mini and "his" small pony in the fall, and Derby in the Fall, too. I also got Goldie and Jack in the fall.

But, then, Fall's my favorite season for anything, not just new hooved wonders.

What about you folks?

For me.....anytime of year is a good time to get a new horse!!
yes.gif
Really love the spring with all the new babies.
wub.gif

I think I would have to say fall to winter. This gives me time to bond and know the horse before heading out to shows and things in the spring and summer. The cold weather also shows their friskier side and when I can't ride/drive them due to snow or freezing rain, I at least enjoy playing with them.

I like Spring and Fall.

Spring because of the new foals, and fall because the show season is over so I can take a look at their wins. I also like fall and spring because the weather isn't so humid or hot, and it makes for an easier adjustment for the horse.

I'm with Robin-- any time is a good time for a new horse!!
wub.gif

Well..I prefer fall, but the time we usually get horses is in April because of the big mini sale LOL.
yes.gif

Anytime of the year is good for me!
biggrin.gif

Whatever time of year I have the money available. I want one so bad, right now, but I don't have the funds to buy one.

Any time, and all the time it seems, for me!

I'd have to say, Spring
aktion033.gif
, Summer
biggrin.gif
, Fall
yes.gif
, AND Winter
rolleyes.gif
! Guess that means ANYTIME is a great time for a new Mini!

Viki

When I think back just about all my horses were bought in the fall or winter
smile.gif

Tammie

At first I was going to say ANYTIME!
aktion033.gif
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif
But after giving that some serious thought - I would most definatly - prefurably - bring home my next one in the spring or summer.
saludando.gif
biggrin.gif
Lori

Well, I guess I walked right into that one. I must admit, a new horse does brighten any time of year for me, too.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back