Do you Believe in Law of Attraction and Positive thinking?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basketmiss

Reaction score
if you tune into any news or radio news what do you hear?

How Horrible it all is...

They have NOTHING positive to say, so do you think anything positive is gonna happen if everyone has negative attitudes?NO...

So if you watch the news everyday you are taking in ALL that negativity and acting accordingly-not purchasing, not going places, not going to needed dr appts, etc.

So you know what happens to the economy-IT IS HORRIBLE THEN..

People are too scared to live...

We all have to purchase something to make this world go round. If we dont buy or eat, or travel, or see the doctor then all those employees loose their jobs. This isnt what we want? That affects us all...

I am not saying to spend in excess, or out of our means...

Did you know the reason we buy things is they give off a positive vibration? That makes us feel better because of the positivity.

I BELIEVE you get or recieve what you put out. So if you are always a grouch and everything bad always seems to happen to you-You will get that back-that is a mind set that you choose.

If we are attractive-not in looks but in behavior, we will attract people like that...

We all are in charge of OUR journey- 100 % responsible for OUR decisions and behaviors. We cant say "well because of so and so I had this happen"-now who was really in charge of what happened?? We each need to really SEE the real picture and own it even if we messed up. We are responsible for it all-the good and the bad...

Everyone of us has things go wrong in our lives-say the fridge breaks and you dont know it so you have to buy a new fridge and all new food. That is a bummer and has happened to me, but the difference is I DONT Wallow in it. You have to know it is just one of those things that happen in life-no -one is out to get you or make your life horrible.

You know people that live in LA say "oh the traffic is horrible, you dont want to live here" So what happens when everyone is their cars is self talking or talking out loud-the traffic is so bad here-What happens? The traffic IS Bad...

In my opinion, if everyone changed their thinking to positive, things would improve.

I for one am not watching the news-not because I dont want to be informed but I am sick of the negativity,and they say the same thing everyday-we have heard it over and over.. It is not CHANGING anything so how about a new tactic, it cant make things any worse, but it could make them a whole lot better.

It takes all of us being open-minded and growing as people.

I know I like living my life using these practices than what I see of others unhappiness.. Everyone Can change things-you just have to DO It... None of us is perfect, but we can live a more perfect life by changing attitudes...

If people will practice this-it will be a snowball effect-in a good way, everyone will be happier and isnt that what we want?? Love and Happiness...

Ok off my soapbox now.

I couldn't agree more!!

I don't normally go to the mall, but Hubby and I decided to go one evening, it was so packed that we could not find a parking space! Took almost 20 min to find someone leaving, I was shocked as all I have heard is this economy is so bad! The mall was jammed packed you would have thought it was the night before Christmas!

I have to say, my spending has been above average, just ask my tack dealer! LOL....

I do want to also mention that what Nootka has been posting about buying American, I really do feel this is important and something all of us can take the time to do. I have even noticed at some grocery stores here they actually have the fruit labeled as to where it was grown, and I was shocked being that our business is hauling produce from California to New york that nearly half the fruit in there was from another COUNTRY.

Great post Basketmiss

Great post -- I agree completely with your train of thought here!!!
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif

And as an "add on" about positive thinking, I do feel that there is power to envisioning yourself in a situation you want to achieve. I've done this all my life, and I think there is power in it. I think it helps you turn your goals into your reality
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

It's also important to be aware of the blessings in your life. Each night before I go to bed, I go through a list of the things that I'm thankful for and it relaxes and centers me. It beats the heck out of feeling sorry for yourself and we ALL have things that we should be appreciative about. Taking time to think about the things you are happy to have in your life can put some worries into a better perspective, too. When I do this "exercise" when I'm worried about something, it sounds silly maybe, but it usually makes me feel like "it's not really that bad because I still have XYZ"
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill you are so right. I also do the same, you can manifest what you want by seeing yourself in it. Of course it takes hard work...If you manifest it in your mind, then you will find a way to make it happen...

I also am grateful each morning when I wake and at night before I go to bed. We all do have so much to be thankful for...Good to see it-each of us...

Sweet Opal-I agree the news keeps saying how BAd it all is and our restaurants, stores, businesses are packed!

Thats why the media needs to stop trying to warp everyones thinking with all the negativity...IMO

EXCELLENT thread......Have you ever wondered why it's easier to fall into "negative mode"??? Hmmmm.....

"Thats why the media needs to stop trying to warp everyones thinking with all the negativity...IMO" -- TOO TRUE!!!

I just read almost those same words from an article written by an economist on fox news.

Miniv, I hadnt heard that, interesting-maybe someone will start listening-I sure hope so..

I wonder if there is anyway to get in touch with news stations-If they would listen? Have them do a test, start talking about the positive thing s we have going on /versus the negative and see how it affects everything and everyone...

I will be glad to contact anyone if it would make a difference...

Maybe we could remind the mainstream media about what they said regarding supposed "Republican Fear Mongering" and see if they can draw any comparisons to what they as the media do, and have done ever since I can remember
rolleye0019.gif

Ditto Basketmiss 150%. I do believe in this also. My saying is gas prices down, stocks up, home loans up, employment up. I say this often! And gas prices are down aren't they? Lol.

Everyone should watch the movie The Secret, it is kind of a documentary but something to live by for sure!

Yes The Secret is a Great movie. Have you seen Ambition to Meaning (Finding your Lifes Purpose) with Dr Wayne Dyer?? If not it is a must see. Have you also watched Heal Your Life by Louise Hay-also great.. Her affirmation cards are a must...

I love Dyer, didn't he write Your Erroneous Zones? That is one of my favorite books. Will have to check out these 2 you have mentioned. I do need a positive thinking fix!

Easy to find that negativity in this world, after all they say good news doesn't "sell" like bad news does. Everyone will be riveted to a bad plane crash or terror situation, who watches "good news".

I agree with you though. I try to be a realist, but I don't dwell on what happens - it's life, move on and get over it.
default_smile.png

My daughter, who has had some hard times in last few years, has discovered "The Secret" and has really turned her thinking around. She has goals now, is working and in what seems to be a pretty good relationship. My husband is the original "glass half empty" guy, and we banter that back and forth all the time. I think I've made some inroads on him just a little in the last 37 years
default_smile.png

Jan

Great post, Basketmiss. Your positive attitude guides your life.

And Jill, envisioning yourself in a situation where you succeed is the same thing that sports psychologists teach athletes to do in competition. Great!

I must find The Secret that you have been talking about. One of my favorite movies was "Pay It Forward."

When I am very stressed, I often fall into a negative state and often think about the "worst case scenario." When that happens it is very hard for me to turn it around to a positive attitude because I am so dreadfully stressed.

You positive thinkers out there, please give me some tips!

Positive thinking is a very real thing and also very important. I'm working on my psychology degree and this topic comes up quite frequently. Essentially, you are what you think you will be and that is a scientific fact. This also plays out to those around you. For example there was a teacher in the US who came to substitute a classroom for the remaining half of the year. She wasn't told anything about this class only given an attendance list which had numbers beside their names...numbers around 120, 130 etc. The teacher assumed that these were the students IQ's and that she was dealing with a VERY bright class. In reality it was a class of students that CONSTANTLY caused trouble and had terrible grades on average. As time went on the principal asked what she was doing as he had heard zero complaints about the classroom students and their grades had shot right up to A's (previously from near to and failing grades). She said "what do you mean I'm not doing anything different, this is a very gifted class". The principle questioned how she knew that and she said because their IQ's were listed on the roster sheet. Well it turns out those IQ's (which would have been above average) were actually the student's locker numbers! The principal then explained the entire situation. There was also another incident where a senior high school student that always had done very well in school was setting off to go to college. For some reason his college counselor told him that he should probably not go to university because it may not be for him given the results of his exams. He did decide to go and tried very hard during his first semester at college but always had in the back of his mind that he would fail because of what the counselor had said to him. Well he did fail...and he failed the next semester as well. Before summer he returned to his hometown to go visit his old school. He was chatting with a different school counselor about how terrible he was doing in school. The counselor just couldn't understand it saying how well he did in school. The boy explained what the previous counselor had said and this current counselor said oh wow that person had made a major mistake because you are in the 90th percentile! After he found that out he got straight A's for the remainder of his course program.

These are just two examples I've been told by my psych teachers but everyone knows there's millions of stories out there just like these. Positive thinking is KEY to living a happy, healthy and fulfilling life. Negative thinking truly does not get you anywhere and it brings more negativity toward you. It's scientific fact and that's just something you can't argue with! haha.

I have always been a positive thinker...life is far too short to worry about things. I mean yesterday for example I saw two older women going psycho on a young girl for the Tim Hortons roll up to win that's going on right now. They were mad that she just wouldn't give them a cup for free. For those that don't know the particular cup I am speaking about has a roll up the rim to win, where you can win $25,000. They were making a massive deal (I've never seen ANYONE get so angry/rude about something, and I've seen lots of angry people) which not only was embarrassing for herself but was awful for the young girl. How can someone speak to someone like that? ESPECIALLY someone they don't even know...Also if a one dollar coffee gets you worked up enough to speak to people like that then you probably deserve the heart attack you will eventually get from the stress. Well not that anyone deserves a heart attack...but you see what I mean. I actually did intervene because I couldn't take these women speaking to people like this anymore as it had gone on for at least 10minutes. I normally do not get involved, and hate yelling, I'm FAR too relaxed for anything negative like this but I still got involved because I felt it needed to be done. I pointed out that she was being rude, stupid and embarrassing, and explained to her the rules of the "game". She told me to mind my own **** business. I calmly but loudly yelled that she had made it my business and the business of the entire tim hortons when she began her very loud b*t*hing. She then realized I was getting angry, gave me the finger told me to f*** off and RAN out the door before anyone could say anything more. Well after that happened everyone told me how happy they were I said that. I had the manager/owner of the store come over to me and personally thank me. She said she completely agreed with everything that I had said, but she of course was unable to say that. Everyone was just so thankful that someone finally stood up to her. That woman probably has a terrible life because of all that negative energy surrounding her.

Anyway back to staying positive techniques...Well basically I just always think positively. I will NEVER consider anything to be a regret...to have regrets is silly and causes emotional damage. I will acknowledge that I have made mistakes, or that mistakes have been done to me. I then accept it and move on. I do not get upset about things unless they truly are worth getting upset about, i.e. a friend or family member passing away, seeing animal abuse etc. When someone close to me passes away (and there have been many) I will mourn deeply but I do not let it take me to that dark place where you never return. I know that my friends/family would not want me wallowing around wishing that they were still here and only thinking negative things. I will not cause a fight or get upset about trivial things because it's not only a waste of time but it's too much strain and drain on my energy and emotions. Although there are many negative things on in the world right now I like to take those into account but focus on all the good that is being done. For example, the many animal rescues, conservation programs, children being helped etc. I like to have goals that I can strive towards...it has been scientifically proven that people without goals live unhealthier and unhappier lives than those who do have goals. I spend time with the people that I love and my animals. I take time for myself and to stop and smell the roses as they say. I will go to the beach to just sit and watch the waves, I will sit outside just to hear the bees buzzing around. I don't let things rile me up...it has to be very serious before I will raise my voice and be rattled. What's the point in getting mad about the little things? So I am 5minutes late for an appointment...not to worry. So I didn't get the parking spot I needed/wanted...well too bad but there will be another. Everyone just needs to relax a lot and smile more! There was a study done that showed for people with MILD depression (this does not apply to people with more than mild depression) smiling everyday for five minutes straight each morning produced the exact same effects as drugs such as Prozac. Power of the brain is EVERYTHING! Everything always happens for a reason and for a better intention. Life is FAR too short to be wasted on negativity in ANY form.

“Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.”

“When you’re able to live your life, not necessarily with a plan but by listening to what the signs are saying…"

“Let yourself be inspired, let your emotions take over….. then guide them”

Abraham Lincoln’s words, ”Nothing in this world is impossible to a willing heart”

“People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents.” - Andrew Carnegie

Just a note that I'm not a doctor or anything so although I've mentioned some studies please talk with your doctor before you change anything. These are just my opinions, how I live my life and information I have been provided with.

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Tigeresss, so glad to hear you say all this, so true..

If more people would be grateful for what blessings they have and smile more, just think of all the drugs that wouldnt have to be used...

Took me a long time to get here, but when you do, happiness abounds and you reach a place where you feel so settled and content. Great topic Basketmiss! Staying positive even when things are rough really is key to living a full life. It creates a sense of peace within.
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Very timely post. There was a great commentary by Ben Stein on the CBS Morning Show today.

Ben Stein: Fear-Mongers Keep Us In Recession

Among some of the points he made are that the percentage of houses not in foreclosure is 92%.

For those that don't want to read "traditional" news, there's always Happy News

(While I'm not advocating a total "Pollyanna" viewpoint, I do think it helps to focus more on the positive. (For those who are in dire financial straits, this is easier said than done. I really feel for those in that position and am thankful we are holding steady.))

Thank-you...I just don't see any point in thinking negatively. I used to think like that and my life was miserable...so why ruin MY life? I don't care WHAT has happened to you...the need to think positively is there and very real.

I enjoy watching our local news as it often shows local students who are doing great things, or local people that are doing great things. There's usually about five minutes of "bad stuff" i.e. local car accidents etc but the rest is all very positive.

Thank-you...I just don't see any point in thinking negatively. I used to think like that and my life was miserable...so why ruin MY life? I don't care WHAT has happened to you...the need to think positively is there and very real.
I enjoy watching our local news as it often shows local students who are doing great things, or local people that are doing great things. There's usually about five minutes of "bad stuff" i.e. local car accidents etc but the rest is all very positive.
I agree local news IS better but still alot of negativity-I am hoping that will change soon
default_smile.png

Yes, I also agree, positive thinking gets us through so much, I also like the saying this too will pass.

My daughter gave me The Secret Daily Calendar, so everyday I read a positive saying.

Example: If you can think about what you want in your mind,

and make that your dominant thought, you will bring it into your life.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back