Dixie Chicks ROCK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant recall who said it, think Twain, " Patriotism is loving your country all the time and the government when it deserves it"

I was in Europe spring of '03 and was shocked at the difference in news. Can honestly say that I didnt meet a single person there who liked Bush. Yes I know that all news, including FOX, is slanted, so one has to see it all then go from there. Wish people would watch the news, listen to what the politicians say ( said) and then see what they do (did).

I know people say who cares what other countries think about ours or our President. But it does matter. We arent the only people in the world and our actions matter. Just ask the families of the 150,000 Iraquis that we have killed in the last few years. Remember, we went over there because someone took out 3,000 Americans. Because of our actions the UN is now powerless. Again, people dont like the UN, but they sure do holler and want them to do something about N.K. Bush took their power away. If we dont have to listen to them, why does anyone else?

LOL Triggy!

I think one of the biggest differences between Canada and the US is that in the US, it's "not patriotic" to bash your politicians. In Canada, it's a national past time. Canadians KNOW our politicians are crooks and morons. That's why they're politicians - they're too useless to be anything else!

Our regular news channels often mock the government and for well over a decade, we've had satirical shows dedicated to mocking the government. Where do you think Jon Stewart got the idea from?

Yeah, I'd say we're relatively propaganda-free.

Our regular news channels often mock the government and for well over a decade, we've had satirical shows dedicated to mocking the government
Good to know Canada is contributing to the world politically....
default_wacko.png
:

I have an idea...lets send the "chicks" to Canada where they can live in a non-patriotic, propaganda free society...where they can flap their beaks as much as they want and no one will give a rat's behind!

Just ask the families of the 150,000 Iraquis that we have killed in the last few years. Remember, we went over there because someone took out 3,000 Americans. Because of our actions the UN is now powerless. Again, people dont like the UN, but they sure do holler and want them to do something about N.K. Bush took their power away. If we dont have to listen to them, why does anyone else?
Pepi, It wasn't about going over there because someone took out 3,000 Americans. It was because it was an act of war perpetrated on our soil regardless of the death toll. Any country willing to harbor and promote terrorism to produce something like that deserves some serious butt kicking and the Iraqis and other surrounding countries are notorious for harboring and promoting terrorists. You can't always sort the chaff from the wheat in war and while I'm deeply distressed the average Iraqi citizen has to live in this mess, it's not unusual for them to be killed regularly by their own countrymen at a rate higher than by US forces could do in years. Kind of ironic isn't it?

As for the UN it has always been powerless, no one had to do that for them they have a long glorious history of being ineffectual.

Oh and Sonya, I tried sending the chicks bus tickets to Canada but they couldn't go, said something about them not wanting them either. Ah well too bad Canada's loss.
default_wink.png
:

Actually, it's ALL the Dixie Chicks fault. I had to make sure I kept it on topic :lol:

Last edited:
I CAN'T STAND IT, I HAVE TO POST...I DO NOT LIKE WHAT THE CHICKS SAID OR HOW THEY HANDLED IT AFTERWARD BUT I DO LIKE THEIR MUSIC! THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO SPEAK THEIR MIND AND I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO THINK THEY ARE IDIOTS FOR DOING SO. RADIO HERE DOESN'T PLAY THEM ANYMORE BUT I BOUGHT THE ALBUM.

AS FAR AS THE U.S. BEING THE WORLDS BIGGEST JOKE, WELL, I BARELY HAVE WORDS (OR WORDS I CAN POST :lol: ) I GUESS THE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE TRYING TO OR DYING TO GET HERE, HAVEN'T HEARD WE'RE A JOKE YET. :no: 2 WORDS...RUDE EHH!
default_smile.png
NIKKI

I have an idea...lets send the "chicks" to Canada where they can live in a non-patriotic, propaganda free society...where they can flap their beaks as much as they want and no one will give a rat's behind!
We'll take them! Canada loves the Chicks. Their popularity increased exponentially here after they bashed George Bush and their new album is selling extremely well north of the border. Anybody who isn't afraid to speak their mind is more than welcome in Canada.

As for the States' immigration problems, it's funny how y'all are going to build a big fence to keep Mexican citizens out and you have other patrols to also keep out the Cubans. In Canada, we welcome immigrants and are a truly multi-cultural society.

And yet, not one wants to blow up Canada AND our citizens are welcomed in every country of the world. Last time I checked, Americans traveling abroad will often claim to be Canadian and wear a Canadian flag on their clothing and luggage. You never see a Canadian claiming to be American. Funny, huh?

not one wants to blow up Canada AND our citizens are welcomed in every country of the world.
That's because in most parts of the world they think Canada is part of the U.S. since Canada has been riding on Uncle Sam's coat tails for so long!

And Yes Shirley...you are right...this is all Natalie Maine's fault! :bgrin

That's because in most parts of the world they think Canada is part of the U.S. since Canada has been riding on Uncle Sam's coat tails for so long!
Actually, people in the rest of the world are pretty well-educated if they're educated at all and KNOW Canada is a very separate entity. (See my comment about Canadians being welcomed everywhere in the world and Americans impersonating Canadians so they don't get spat on or worse ...) Again, if Americans would look outside their little closed world every now and then, you'd know that.

I've found some of the most ignorant people in the world to be Americans, personally. And yes, I do know a LOT of people from other countries. (See my comment about Canada being multi-cultural ...)

The funny thing is that America needs Canada more than we need America. Man, if we turned off the water, grain, beef, natural gas, well-educated doctors and nurses, and 10% of your oil supply, y'all would be in trouble! Canada is pretty self-sufficient ... so if you want to disown us, go ahead. We'd probably be better off. We'll just take our more-oil-than-the-middle-east oil sands reserves and have fun on our own. Oh wait, that's why the American government LIKES Canada ...

Again, I don't know why I bother with my attempts to educate Americans. No one's listening anyway, but hey, I'm Canadian and I'm helpful. I have to try. (Honestly, American ego combined with blatant ignorance drives me nuts and I can't help myself - I have to say something!) :no:

Go ahead and continue to mock me. I know it's hard for you to argue with someone who's right.

Well Jen you are very much a hippocrite..preaching how everyone is entitled to their opinion, blah, blah, blah. But if it disagrees with yours...well then by golly, its wrong and we are all ignorant. I can state my opinions as well as yours and yes Canada has been riding on the coat tails of the U.S., that is my opinion. I will not even discuss how you feel about the U.S., because I really could care less. And until you show me facts about all your claims about Americans and your multitude of degrees in political science...then your opinion means absolutely nothing to me. I could go on and on about Canadians...believe me...I am in Michigan and encounter as many Canadians as I do Americans. But I choose not to judge someone simply by their country. If I judged all Canadians by your comments, then I certainly wouldn't have anything good to say at all, they must all be hippocritical and egotistical.

Again, I don't know why I bother with my attempts to educate Americans. No one's listening anyway, but hey, I'm Canadian and I'm helpful. I have to try. (Honestly, American ego combined with blatant ignorance drives me nuts and I can't help myself - I have to say something!)

And you want to talk about ego.....I suppose everyone on this board needs educated by you...give me a break!

I never get into discussions like this on the forum, as they never go anywhere good and was debating on to even reply to your accusations of my stupidity, but you are absolutely unbelievable....I sure am glad everyone in Canada is not like you....

Last edited by a moderator:
My mother always told us never discuss politics or religion,

unless you are wanting to argue
default_wink.png
:

I am no longer offended by Jenn’s opinions, she’s an outstanding person and speaks what she believes, even if I think she’s wrong
default_wink.png
:. I remember my own outrageous views of the world during the Vietnam war era. Thank God most people mellow and learn to look at the world from all sides instead of the one that screams the loudest for attention. I hope in time her views soften as she gets older and often think of this quote when I encounter this much passion.

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."

- Sir Winston Churchill

I hope to read Jenn’s posts on this forum when she’s 40, it will be interesting to see how perceptions change as life goes on. They already have in just a few years.

I LIVE 2 MINUTES FROM THE CANADIAN BOARDER AND SEE MANY CANADIANS. MY HUSBAND IS HAS DUAL CITIZENSHIP AS DOES MY DAUGHTER. I ALSO HAVE MANY CLOSE FRIENDS THAT I HAVE HAD FOR YEARS THAT LIVE IN CANADA. I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE THIS OPINION OF THE STATES.(MAYBE THATS WHY THEY ARE STILL MY FRIENDS
default_yes.gif
: ) I AM AMAZED THAT ANYONE WOULD JUDGE PEOPLE BY WHAT COUNTRY THEY LIVE
default_wacko.png
: .

WHEN WE DO HEAR A CANADIAN SPOUT OFF THIS KIND OF SILLINESS MY HUSBAND WILL LAUGH AND SAY "WE SHOULD JUST CUT THE BRIDGES AND LET CANADA FLOAT AWAY, WE CAN MAKE OUR OWN MAPLE SYRUP" :bgrin . REMEMBER HE IS A CANADIAN :bgrin !

Just wanted to add...since we got on the topic of immigration

As for the States' immigration problems, it's funny how y'all are going to build a big fence to keep Mexican citizens out and you have other patrols to also keep out the Cubans. In Canada, we welcome immigrants and are a truly multi-cultural society.

As of 2006, the United States accepts more legal immigrants as permanent residents than the rest of the world combined. [1]
this comes from the On-line Wikipedia - look it up if you like...

Wikipedia Online, then search for "immigration to the united states"...I couldn't get the whole link to copy for some reason.

As a Texan, this is NOT true. We DON'T want to keep the LEGAL immigrates out- they are most welcome. It's the ILLEGAL immigrants we don't want. You know, the ones that sponge off of society. That drive illegally, since they have no insurance, so if you get hit, too bad. That suck up the resources for OUR people. And we are horribly afraid that someone will smuggle something in that can be used as a weapon of mass destruction.

I've found some of the most ignorant people in the world to be Americans, personally. And yes, I do know a LOT of people from other countries. (See my comment about Canada being multi-cultural ...)
Funny, the time I went to Canada to pick up a horse, I found the Canadians to be the ignorant ones. *shrugs*

Lucy

Okay, I give up.

I did not ever say all Americans were ignorant or egotistical (but plenty of them are). When I attended the AMHA convention in Portland, OR a few years ago, I met a lot of really nice people. I love you Northwesters! Y'all are so mellow and liberal, you're practically Canadian already! I have plenty of friends in the States whom I respect very much. Of course, if you met them you'd discover they are Americans who think globally. (Personally, I think everyone should think globally. The world would be a better place.)

We thought it was funny, though, that at the convention we found it easier to communicate with the Germans than with the Texans. Even with the few German words we knew, and the smattering of English they knew, we got along great. We just couldn't get the hang of those Texas accents!

I am no longer offended by Jenn’s opinions, she’s an outstanding person and speaks what she believes, even if I think she’s wrong
default_wink.png
:.

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."

- Sir Winston Churchill

I hope to read Jenn’s posts on this forum when she’s 40, it will be interesting to see how perceptions change as life goes on. They already have in just a few years.
Thanks! I think ...

Good thing I'm not a man, eh?

I have actually considered going into politics in the future, when my kids are grown and out of the house. Scary, huh?

Wow, the overwhelming support your fellow horse forum Candians are giving you is astounding. :new_shocked:

I say, if Canda wants the illegal immigrants, lets buy them all a plane ticket north, that, would be a he!! of a lot cheaper than supporting their useless butts.
default_yes.gif
:

Of course, when Jenn and Kendra visited Portland for the AMHA convention, we all communicated beautifully -- there was no mistaking their screams of terror while I was driving!

Shirley, as for the Winston Churchill quote, I'll have to stretch the younger part to 60 or more -- I'm still a danged liberal at the age of 48...but then, I see nothing conservative in the Bush administration -- I think even most Republicans would prefer to distance themselves from him.

Good thing I'm not a man, eh?

I have actually considered going into politics in the future, when my kids are grown and out of the house. Scary, huh?
Very welcome yes was meant to be a compliment. And hopefully most women tend to get it sooner than 30 and I'd bet you'll make a darned fine polititian but why set your sights so low. :lol: You'd make a great lobbyist and could make those hairballs dance to any tune you choose!
default_wink.png
:

Susanne you may be danged liberal but you definately are not a stupid one. The combination can be even more deadly than Bush :lol:

Last edited:
Wow, the overwhelming support your fellow horse forum Candians are giving you is astounding. :new_shocked:

I say, if Canda wants the illegal immigrants, lets buy them all a plane ticket north, that, would be a he!! of a lot cheaper than supporting their useless butts.
default_yes.gif
:
Hey, other than me, most Canadians are too polite to disagree with anyone. Fortunately, I've got enough balls for the rest of the country.

We'd love to have your illegal immigrants. Give them winter coats and boots and send them our way! The Canadian economy is booming right now and we can't find enough people to work in the extremely well-paying oilfield, drive trucks, build houses etc., let alone fill the low-paying jobs like food service and shelf stocking. Here in Alberta, we're importing people from other provinces as fast as they can get here (one grocery chain is going as far as paying moving expenses, providing a vehicle and finding employees places to live - and that's just a grocery store!) and putting them right to work. The Canadian government is constantly going overseas to promote immigration to Canada at job fairs and immigration fairs. Just in our small community, we've recruited a British firefighter to be an instructor at our fire and emergency training school as well as German metal workers.

We'll even give them free health care. Because we're cool like that.

Oh, right. I forgot. I'm giving up on this thread.

Very welcome yes was meant to be a compliment. And hopefully most women tend to get it sooner than 30 and I'd bet you'll make a darned fine polititian but why set your sights so low. :lol: You'd make a great lobbyist and could make those hairballs dance to any tune you choose!
default_wink.png
:

Susanne you may be danged liberal but you definately are not a stupid one. The combination can be even more deadly than Bush :lol:
I figure by the time I'm 40 I'll be worn out and lazy - perfect for a career in politics!

I've done the lobbyist thing - ganged up on the government as part of a small special-interest group and got a bill passed and made law, even! It was fun. And just the other day I harassed a church until they changed their private-function breastfeeding policy. I know, it's not nice to harass churches but they were wrong and their policy was against the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms as well as the Human Rights Code. If they hadn't changed their policy and apologized to me I was tempted to organize a feed-in - call up all those other crazy breastfeeding mothers, take over their church and breastfeed our babies all over the place!

And I love Susanne. She's my favorite. I want to make her an honorary Canadian. She'd fit right in!

Jenn, I'd be honored!

Gotta add, though...the Texans I've had the pleasure to meet in person -- Al (I didn't really meet Susan, but I'll include her), Tony, Dr. Pam (even if a newly minted Texan) and others who were at the convention -- were SONDERFUL, even if Al doesn't like salmon! We may have differing political points of view, but that just adds to the fun!

Latest posts

Back