Dixie Chicks ROCK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
I went to see the Dixie Chicks concert tonight (2nd time I've seen them)...and they ROCK!!!! They put on such an awesome show!!! (Can't wait to see their movie, Shut Up and Sing, too...comes out this weekend).

:aktion033: :aktion033:

Glad you had a great time!
default_smile.png

Glad you had fun! I think the best concert I have been to was Rascal Flates a couple months ago. There is nothing quite like a concert! I'll admit I am not a Dixie Chicks fan (their lead singers voice grates on my nerves) but I hear they put on one heck of a good show.

-Amy

Glad you had fun! I think the best concert I have been to was Rascal Flates a couple months ago. There is nothing quite like a concert! I'll admit I am not a Dixie Chicks fan (their lead singers voice grates on my nerves) but I hear they put on one heck of a good show.

-Amy

:new_shocked: Natalie has such an amazing voice...I could listen to it 24/7!

I always liked them musically until their controversial remarks...sure they have a right to their own opinion...it just erks me sometime when musicians/actors remark on politics...it's not their field of expertise and many people who idolize these stars believe every word they say...lately though, I've been thinking that Natalie hit the nail on the head with those remarks...but anyhow, I need to get their new cd. I have yet to hear any songs from it since they won't play them on the radio around here. They play their old stuff, but nothing from their latest CD.

Glad you had a good time. I was in Oklahoma City a few years ago and there is this very big country dance club (can't remember the name)..they always had live bands and one night the Dixie Chicks were playing (of course no one heard of them then, it was before they were famous)...we were going to go, but decided at the last minute to not go, I sure wish we would of went.

LOL glad you had a good time, they have talent, but no brains....well atleast natalie.

And there record sales show it. but even though I dont like them, doesnt mean they can rock the house...lol

I saw them back in August!! They totally rocked!!!! :aktion033:

I absolutely love the song "Not Ready to Make Nice"!!!!
default_yes.gif
:

And I can't wait to see their movie too!!!

~kathryn

I've seen them in concert several times and they've never failed to put on an AWESOME show .....but I agree...Natalie should just quit talking and just sing . :488:

I think they're great, both for their music and for their courage. (And I'm not generally a country music fan).

Every citizen has both the right and the duty to speak out for what they believe to be right, especially in times when censorship is rife and too many keep quiet out of fear. When this occurred, anyone who said anything the least bit negative regarding the Iraq war or the president was pilloried for exercising freedom of speech. Bill Mahr's "Politically Incorrect" tv show was pulled from broadcast television, and many were deemed unpatriotic for daring to disagree.

A public figure has no more and no less right or duty to speak their mind. Does being a celebrity automatically eliminate their right to speak freely? If anything, they have more to lose financially. The Dixie Chicks are an example of putting your money where your mouth is...even after public rebuke, they stuck to their guns.

-Amy
I TOTALLY agree with Amy.. I cant STAND her voice. I cant change the station fast enough, when they USED to play them. And then came the ridiculous remarks.. I say, shut up and Sin.... well, no, dont even sing... UGH..

I cant stand Lee ann womacks voice either. OR Dolly Parton...

Glad you had a good time at the concert though.

OMG I am so jelous! I love the chicks they are by far my favorite! There not coming to Utah so I won't be able to see them but out of all there concerts this one I wanted to see the most! I have been to there concert 2 times before and it was just AWSOME! They are so talented not just singing but instrmentaly!

I love how they have stood there ground and won't change there mind for anything. And for anyone who says they need to shut up and sing. Its rudiculous!! Who do you think brought this whole thing on? Most of the bush people. Im almost 100% sure if America wouldn't have made such a big deal out of it those 15 words would have been all they said about it. I am glad that america got so upset by it cause I absolutly LOVE there new CD and no artist can every put anything out like that! its absolutly amazing.

I can totally understand why she said what she said. it was a couple of nights before we were going to bomb Iraq and alot of those countrys over where they were think we are all united and are all for bush, and she was just letting them now because we are from America dosen't mean we are for bombing Iraq and behind bush. It makes perfect cents! And as someone else said it looks like they hit the nail on the head

Oh I shouldn't even get started!!!!

I just love everything about them, and how everyone thinks they were gone and then they just show up and blow everyone away!

Gage

Since we got on the subject of them and their actions...it's not so much what she said that concert night..

public figure has no more and no less right or duty to speak their mind. Does being a celebrity automatically eliminate their right to speak freely? If anything, they have more to lose financially. The Dixie Chicks are an example of putting your money where your mouth is...even after public rebuke, they stuck to their guns.
It's more of the whinning they did after people boycotted them. The majority of country music listeners are devote republicans (of course not all) and they basically dissed their own fans and then they whinned and cried about it when people boycotted them...not financially smart on their part.

It seems they are slowly making a come-back. I do like their music, but I would be p.o.ed if I paid good money to go their concert to hear them sing...and what I heard was their political views, regardless of wether I agreed with them or not.

OMG I am so jelous! I love the chicks they are by far my favorite! There not coming to Utah so I won't be able to see them but out of all there concerts this one I wanted to see the most! I have been to there concert 2 times before and it was just AWSOME! They are so talented not just singing but instrmentaly!

I love how they have stood there ground and won't change there mind for anything. And for anyone who says they need to shut up and sing. Its rudiculous!! Who do you think brought this whole thing on? Most of the bush people. Im almost 100% sure if America wouldn't have made such a big deal out of it those 15 words would have been all they said about it. I am glad that america got so upset by it cause I absolutly LOVE there new CD and no artist can every put anything out like that! its absolutly amazing.

I can totally understand why she said what she said. it was a couple of nights before we were going to bomb Iraq and alot of those countrys over where they were think we are all united and are all for bush, and she was just letting them now because we are from America dosen't mean we are for bombing Iraq and behind bush. It makes perfect cents! And as someone else said it looks like they hit the nail on the head

I just love everything about them, and how everyone thinks they were gone and then they just show up and blow everyone away!

Gage
Gage, so, according to you, Im rIdiculous for voicing my opinion? HOw ironic.....
default_frusty.gif
:

Gage
Gage, so, according to you, Im rIdiculous for voicing my opinion? HOw ironic.....
default_frusty.gif
:
No - But I do think its very hypocritical....

Gage

Everyone has a right to voice their opinion, no matter what it may be.

I applaud the Dixie Chicks, but their detractors have every right to express their opinion, whether verbally or by not buying their recordings. I may disagree, and disagree loudly, but I'll always support your right to speak your mind.

The chicks are HUGE up here in Canada ... but then, most Canadians would agree with what Natalie said!

Personally, I don't think she went far enough. I'm ashamed, as a human being, that George W. Bush ever rose above the occupation of janitor. And Lord knows he'd screw that up too, given the chance.

I own several of their CDs and they're in regular rotation in my car and in the house. The new CD is awesome!

The majority of country music listeners are devote republicans
Maybe up north where you are, but from "where I come from"............ :nono:

:bgrin love that Alan Jackson

As I've said all along, George Bush proves that your mother was right...

........ANYONE can become president!

Its hypoctitical when people complain about a singer that voices an opinion opposite their own, and says they should keep their mouths shut. Then says nothing about another singer who voices their opinion, but since its the same as the listener, its ok
default_wacko.png
: Its hypocritical to say they can speak through their songs, but not in a speech per se. Just because they are singers, doesnt mean they havent put thought behind their words. Seems like politicians need to follow their lead. Speak what is on your mind and not what you think we need to hear.

I think the Chicks Rock. Doesnt matter to me that they voiced their thoughts, seems other were doing the like. Glad they stood their ground since as it turns out, they were right. They just were right a little before others thought so. Kinda makes you wonder doesnt it?

As for Bush. People forget how Republicans flipped out about Clintons pot use or whatever. But dont seem to recall that Bush was a Coke addict and an alcoholic. But, since he is their candidate, that all is just fine and dandy.

Latest posts

Back