Dinner with an author

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KanoasDestiny

Reaction score
If you could have dinner with your favorite author (past or present), who would it be? And why?

I saw this question posted somewhere weeks ago, and I'm still trying to decide on my answer. There are just so many great authors out there! I'd love to say someone from centuries ago who played an important part in history at some point. But then, I think I'd like to meet someone like Jane Austin or Charles Dickens. Or of course, there's people like JK Rowling, Iris Johansen, and RL Stine who have helped shape my love of reading over the years....

At one point, I'd have said Stephen King. Really, for decades, that would have been my pick. However, having heard him talk freely the past few years, I probably would rather read his novels than have a conversation with him though his is my hardcore, won't miss a book, author...

Right about now, I'd love to have dinner with Molly Harper, Patricia Cornwell, Dean Koontz, or (maybe) Charlaine Harris. No doubt I love their novels, but I also think I would like to talk to them about "whatever"
default_yes.gif

PS COOL thread! I'm not star struck in the Hollywood kinda way. The only celebs I'd cross the street to meet are authors, some politicians, and very few entertainers (comedians / talking heads... but pretty much no movie stars).

Molly Harper really is nice. I've talked with her a couple of times via her FaceBook page. Along with a few other authors. I have met/seen quite a few actors and I agree, I don't really get star-struck unless it's someone I really want to see. I'd love to see Johnny Depp, Tyler Hoechlin, and the singer Pink.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooohhh.. Johnny Depp! He's easy on the eyes but he grew up down south (Kentucky?). I cannot stomach his "current" accent. That's so completely not southern... but I think he cultivated it. He is very easy on the eyes, though... and I'm old enough to remember loving him on 21 Jump Street. Still, I wouldn't probably enjoy any one-on-one time. He'd probably say the same, as if I would be on his awareness radar!!!
default_biggrin.png

I would love to meet authors like Buck Brannaman, Gary Paulsen, Lance Mackey. They are biographys but their lives are interesting and I would like to talk to them. Also if anyone out there has seen Dangerous Catch, the Hillstrands have a book out on their family business and they would be fun to talk to also.

Latest posts

Back