Dilemma backyard or paddoch?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh they are tiny jumps and she is 2.5 yrs old. She only jumps it two or three times.

I'm keeping my eye on the goats.

I ended up using an Australian site that has a feeding program which is used by people on another forum. It's a great invention and has given me peace of mind in what to feed her, when and how often as well as vitamins etc she needs.

I'm glad you have more peace of mind about feeding! It is hard to give helpful answers when we are all from such different areas around the world and have such different growing conditions and nutrient excesses and shortcomings in our grass. You keep a good eye on her and are continually seeking what is best for her care, so my advice as a fellow worrier is to trust that she is and will be fine with what you've been doing. You will see if she starts to gain too much weight, and if she does, you can cut back at that time.

Hi... on the chat we were doing about horses needing horses. An observation. When I went from two minis to one mini last october with my one mini having the company of goats I noticed something... My lone mini no longer laid down in the stable at night. Thought it was different but really didn't think of it more.

Now that my other boy is back.. I noticed that my mini boy is back laying in the stable at night. They either lay together, or one lays and one stands like they are watching out over each other. THe whole 4 months my one boy was solo I never saw him lay in the bedding, but now he lays for some portion of the night..every night.

I found it interesting and thought I would just toss it out here for interesting observation of solo or in the company of horses information.

Latest posts

Back