Differences between the Falabella and American miniature horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yvonne

Reaction score
What is the differences between the Falabella and American miniature horse?

When I try to read the history of the miniature horse they always mention the Falabella, but not the American Miniature horse. So are they almost the same?

What is the history of the American Miniature horse? What makes if different than the Falabella?

Does it exist other miniature breeds?

Some are registered as both... So what "differences" are you looking for?

Both come from bred down Shetlands. The Falabella also has an Argentina mountain pony (many of which were appy colored) in them.

There is a website for the Falabella Horse registry in America that has tons of information and will tell you what you want to know. Their are U.S. Breeders with websites who would be happy to give you information. The Falabella's were bred in Argentina by the Falabella family for many many years. You could contact Shades of Blue Ranch-they have a website. I know them personally and they would give you information.

We have many articles about Falabellas and what makes them unique on the Falabella International Preservation Association (FIPA) website at: http://falabellainternational.com/ . Carol Swinford, at Shades of Blue is the VIce President, and a great resource, and I'll be happy to help any way I can, as well.

Back