Diesel drives!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We purchased our first mini about three years back. Off and on we worked on ground driving with him, but realized that with no knowledge of driving, we shouldn't take it to the next step and hitch him ourselves. We bought our own small farm two years ago, got another mini for company, and driving took a backseat to lots of other things especially our saddle horses.

We finally took the plunge and took our black "B" gelding Diesel down to Lori Rafter at MiLo Training Centre and HE DRIVES! It was so amazing to go and see him actually drive! Trotting around pulling a cart, just as casual as could be! Traffic on the highway next to the field, ambulance with lights flashing, bitterly cold wind that brought tears to our eyes watching! And he's just trucking around (OK -- a little attitude here and there, but you know what I mean!) pulling the cart.

So, now I have to replace the "mennonite" harness that I originally bought (which is really dreadful and awful and completely not safe to drive in) and we can just get the little guy trucking around the fields, and down the sideroads in beautiful rural Washago!

Oh, I am so absolutely excited! Thank you, thank you, thank you Lori!!!
default_saludando.gif

That's great! Congratulations.
default_aktion033.gif
Lori seems like a wonderful trainer and I'm sure you and Diesel are going to enjoy many years of driving.
default_wub.png

Leia

That's great!! I can't wait to hear of your adventures when you get to take him home and begin driving.

Yah!!! Diesel is a cool guy. I always get a kick out of him. I bet he can get the cart moving. I agree Lori is awesome! She is training our horse Peek-a-Boo and doing wonderfully with him. She's teaching us too, we are all having a blast. I think she is gonna have to kick us out because I don't wanna leave.
default_wink.png
We were out driving Sunday and the weather was all weird, windy, cold and then a sudden downpour. Good luck with Diesel, hope you have lots of fun with him.

Okay this is really goofy and all but I think I have one of the BEST and most REWARDING jobs ever!!! The smiles and laughter on Tuesday when you guys came to pick him up and have your lesson were worth all the money in the world!!! (Thank goodness we had a tinier bit better weather than on Sunday with Kim and her family.) I KNOW you are going to have a ton of fun with him. Diesel arrived with a LOT of attitude (broke my cross ties in the first couple minutes
default_laugh.png
) and with only 2 weeks to work with him I was a little concerned about how things would go but that little horse IS a trucker!!! Once we straightened it out in his mind that I was the one in charge
default_rolleyes.gif
he just went to work. He has a lot of character and sure found a spot in my heart, the little goon! He sure loves his treats doesn't he Kim!
default_wink.png
I hope to hear reports and see some pictures of you, Carol and Sarah, and Diesel, in the near future once you get your new harness.

Latest posts

Back