Did you get the Foal you Wanted and is it a Keeper?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score
Most of us have had foals now. Which 1 is a Keeper? Please share. Love to see them.

We thought two mares where pregnant. Just one had a foal this year.

Everyone has a different taste and might help show newbies what to look for.

This Filly is a Keeper Kavelbel W. Ivy Jean Thirteen.

IvyJeana.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is our first foal of the year, a colt, and yes, he is a keeper:

Cedar Plains Man of Honor

Honor_1sm.jpg

Yep, out of three fillies decided to keep this one. "Crayonbox Crystal Clear" she is a black with two blue eyes, and appy characteristics. She is also 50% Falabella and full of attitude!!
default_wub.png
:

Clear2.5-1-07.jpg

WELL, I didn't have any of my own foals born this year (next year!), however, Erica let me claim a filly for myself. She is sired by Erica's buckskin Buckeroo son, Little Kings Big City Buck and is out of her buckskin mare, World of Miniatures Infinity. Thanks to Erica, I also own a perlino maternal sister to this filly and who is a granddaughter of BTU through her sire. That mare is being bred to Big City for a 2008 baby who i hope might look something like this 2007 sister-aunt or however that relationship is defined :bgrin

Erica's Big City Bomb Shell("My" 2007 double dilute Buckeroo granddaughter)

bomb%20shell%205.jpg

Ericas%20Big%20City%20Bomb%20Shell%201.jpg

I sometimes think I need to pinch myself to make sure this isn't a dream, but we were truly blessed this year! What started out looking like a really bad foaling year actually turned out to be a totally wonderful experience - not that I want to do it again! :bgrin

We have 3 fillies on the ground this year - 2 born at our place and 1 we bought from Erica and Belinda. I expected to have 2 additional ones coming, but as times goes by and no babies pop out I'm thinking maybe not! :eek:

Our "first" baby is Erica's CrossCountry Bella Mia and she's definitely a "keeper" or in this case a "purchase!" Bella was born Jan 29th.

bella3weeks.jpg

Our next foal, which is also a "keeper" is Star Ridge Acres Golden Miracle. Mira was born premature and gave us quite a scare, but she's pulled through and is 2 months old now and a total spoiled rotten little thing!
default_wub.png
:

mirafrontweb2.jpg

I will NEVER part with Mira!

And our last filly, Star Ridge Acres Lily Blue Too, a perlino is going to be too tall for us so she is for sale. If she where smaller, I guarantee she'd be a keeper also!!
default_yes.gif
:

lilybodyweb.jpg

Thanks for letting me share and gush over my babies!!
default_wub.png
:

Our first born this year is my keeper. Don't have a registered name yet, but am calling her Angelica. Really, really need to get some updated pix on my site of her!! Anyway, she is a month old now, but these pix are of her early on. She's a tiny little thing, but full of attitude. I just love her and her baby blue eyes!!!

DSC02051-375x277.jpg

DSC02107-360x243.jpg

DSC02034-300x305.jpg

This is the one and only foal for us this year since the other foal that was expected was stillborn at 9 months (that colt would've been a keeper too!)... This colt is a keeper for a while at least!

LBS Karbon Copy

DSC_4625.jpg

well she'll be mine, lol, out of my friends mare. were waiting on this one quite awhile (a month overdue) but now we know why it took so long. all that color :new_shocked: :new_shocked: i kept joking it was going to be a solid black colt thank god it wasn't. out of a black and white stallion and a solid bay mare. THis loud CHESTNUT PINTO FILLY WITH BLUE EYES!!!! she's definatly my keeper with her looks and buckeroo and del tera's blood in her. She's also futuritty nominated and going to nationals this year for halter and color. I introduce JMS I ain't no drama queen,Or queenie

5daysold3-225x178.jpg

5daysold7-279x205.jpg

5daysold-250x182.jpg

Our first born this year is my keeper. Don't have a registered name yet, but am calling her Angelica. Really, really need to get some updated pix on my site of her!! Anyway, she is a month old now, but these pix are of her early on. She's a tiny little thing, but full of attitude. I just love her and her baby blue eyes!!!

DSC02051-375x277.jpg

DSC02107-360x243.jpg

DSC02034-300x305.jpg

She is delightful...!!! Almost a carbon copy of her Mummy. What a gorgeous pair. You have been blessed with a beautiful little girl. That colour contrast is so striking. I'd be keeping her too.... :aktion033:

With only colts this year the only filly SKR Rowdys Teela is a keeper we're not sure why she is going gray though and has 1 blue eye her moms a black and dads a bay...we haven't decided which of the 6 colts we'll keep yet...

RowdysTeela.jpg

No keepers for us this year.. Hopefully we'll get a couple loud colored appy Sky daughters to keep next year!

Well Sweetgrass Outdid herself and Im super happy with her foal of course I lease sweetgarss therefore dont own her baby..yet LOL Id love to debate buying him in the near future ;)

Mark Of Zorro!

Silver Dapple Pinto coolt four white socks a blaze and "z" on his back :D

eshows.jpg

efancy.jpg

beautyboy.jpg

beautyful.jpg

Yes, a couple of keepers this year - just need to take some photos - I was hoping for a special smaller amha/amhr colt out of this years foal crop - here is one that I like - this photo is not that good as he is just a few days old and not yet unfolded.

Buckeye WCF My Heart Dances - an unusual colored overo - with a big heart on his neck, and "arrow" on the other side along with a horse shoe marking - bald face with huge eyes and even at birth had a neck that just goes on and on. He is out of one of our favorite mares ( a maiden) that we raised and Wardance.

taxi07colt.jpg

And our last filly, Star Ridge Acres Lily Blue Too, a perlino is going to be too tall for us so she is for sale. If she where smaller, I guarantee she'd be a keeper also!!
default_yes.gif
:

lilybodyweb.jpg

Thanks for letting me share and gush over my babies!!
default_wub.png
:
If money were no object and we weren't so far apart; I'd be doing some fast talking to get my husband to let me bring this girl home. I would to add a double dilute mare to my program, some day; and this little girl is very nice. [How tall is too tall for your program?]

default_wub.png
:

Well looks like we are going to have several more foals this year, our appy mares took their time to get pregnant except for the 2 that already foaled. Anyway of the ones already here we are keeping 2 fillies. One is a blue eyed bay beauty that is sired by our Orion son, Slate. Anything we get from him at this point is treasured. The other is this blk/bay? overo filly and once again I just love this cross. She has a full sister born in 06 that is 26" tall at 11 mths old. I am keeping the 07 filly as she was about an inch taller at birth and I hope she will get at least 30 inches tall, lol. They were both born the same night and are best friends. They are pix brand new.

Odessyslatefillystandnicenew5707.jpg

Skittlesodessyfillysfrtyardoknew.jpg

skittlesciscobothRUNSTRETCHED1d507.jpg

DSC02051-375x277.jpg

DSC02107-360x243.jpg

DSC02034-300x305.jpg

Wow, she's my kind of keeper too! Congrats!! :new_shocked:
default_wub.png
:

Well, we are keeping most of ours....lol. We had a couple mares bred to outside stallions and a couple foals from a stallion I sold. But this colt is the one that if I had to sell the rest, he would still stay. He is just what I wanted from the cross. He is on the left at about 2 weeks old and my husband's "keeper" filly is on the right.

1moose5-20.jpg

I really really should sell one of mine but just cant do it. Both are everything i have been trying to breed for so I just cant part with either one.

baxters just teasin ya amhr/aspc

teaseflirt-343x248.jpg

teasehead2-272x342.jpg

Baxters Silver Sensation (changed her name lol) amhr/aspc

rustypromise-404x296.jpg

Latest posts

Back