DelTeras Lord of the Isles

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanminiponygirl

Reaction score
Anybody know where this stallion is today, or who owns him? I think he would be in his high 30's if he is still alive. I saw him many years ago at a sale and he was just gorgeous. Shows up in a lot of pedigrees.

I dont' know the answer to your question..however seeing as he was a dwarf , i would guess he didn't live as long as a normal healthy mini would.

I dont' know the answer to your question..however seeing as he was a dwarf , i would guess he didn't live as long as a normal healthy mini would.
Lord of the Isles lived into his late 20s, I believe. I think he died back in the 1990s.

I've never heard that he was a dwarf. I've only seen 2 pictures of him- one is just a terrible pasture photo of him as a very aged stallion, in the other he was younger and cleaned up and looked very pretty.

He looked like a dwarf to me in the pictures I've seen... and I have seen more than a few dwarfs thrown in his line, too! I just Google'd horses with that pedigree just now and see plenty of dwarfs living on!

Not a negative thing really... that is part of the history of the miniature horse... small but "dwarfy" but they justified breeding them because they weren't horribly deformed... but we learn from our past and move forward!

Andrea

I agree with disneyhorse... the only pictures I have seen of him screamed dwarf.... but as she said, quite a few of the historical stallions were dwarfs... so is it any wonder dwarfs still show up unexpectedly?
default_wink.png

DellTerasLordOfTheIsles.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the info! When I saw him, back in the 80's I think, he had the longest mane and forelock I'd ever seen, was in nice shape. Never having seen a dwarf before back then, except at the State Fair, I would never have recognized the signs. I often wonder what happens to these stallions when they fade from sight. Hope he had a good life.

all in all for a dwarf he wasn't as bad as many i've seen with disfigured legs ect so maybe that's why he lived into his late 20's? It is always interesting to find out where these horses went. It always amuses me that in the mini world horses are only shown in hand until they are 3-4 years old then you never see them again. It seems so that the registry would try to promote showing these horses later in life to see how they matured after they finished growing, after all you should be breeding the best quality horses..and how do you know if they really are once they fully mature and fill out? Funny how they change for so many years and they are only shown when they are young before they fully mature.

Hi,

Yes, Dell Teras Lord of the Iles was a dwarf, but a minimal one. He should not have been bred, even though he has produced some nice offspring. One of his best was Hemlock Brooks Spunky Dude, who produced some nice Boones Little Buckeroo sons.

Alyssa

Latest posts

Back