Dell Terras

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jaysie

Hi just wondering if anyone has any pics that are available to see or a link to a website etc of the stallion DELL TERAS PAYCHECK.

Ive been looking into one of my minis bloodlines.

I did a search on this forum for him and found an old topic by Nicole-Down Under (this stallion was imported into Australia) which was helpful but would love to see a photo of him?? Does this stud still exist and if so do they have a website.

Thankyou for your help
biggrin.gif

Last edited:
Hi Jaysie,

I think I asked this question a couple of years ago, and I also contacted Del Teras stud back then asking for more info, but they couldn't help.

The only thing I can suggest is that you contact Sterling Stud (Lauren Nott), I think they're in Victoria, and they should be able to help. I saw a pic of Sterling Peter Pan (Paycheck son) in Horse Deals a while back (this year). He was for sale in the $1000 & under I think.

Good luck in your search, and i'm sorry i'm not able to help further. BTW, if you do get something, could you please let me know.

Thanks

saludando.gif
Nicole

Hi Nicole
saludando.gif

Paycheck is the great grandsire of my filly her grandsire is Sterling Prince Charming (out of Paycheck and Sterling Cindy)

Not a bad idea to contact Sterling Stud she has Sterling Bo Jangles and Sterling Chardonnay on her dams side aswell.

Have heard alot about the Dell Teras lines and her dad is stunning just wanting to see some pics futher back.

Ill let you know if I find out anything.

Do you have any of his progeny etc??

Cheers
biggrin.gif

Last edited:
Yes, I have a great granddaughter as well, Grawood Miss Nangkita, thru Sterling Peter Pan on her sires side. I like to have pics of horses from their pedigree for my own reference, and have managed to get quite a lot of pics on my other horses, but not hers. What is the name of your filly and did you breed her?

That'd be great if you can find something or can get some pics, so good luck in your search, i'm sure there has to be something out there somewhere.

Thanks

saludando.gif
Nicole

Is there a chance that someone could do a search in the AMHR, AMHA to see who owns him now. If he is an old boy now he may only have been registered R. Search could possibly end you up with a pic as well as the other info that you want. Good luck. Barb

[SIZE=14pt]Del Tera has not been in existance for a few years. Mr Williams died about 3 years ago. My mare PHP Baileys Irish Cream came from his place. When he died all the solid colored horses were sold without papers because they were in the hills without halters and no identifying marks to match up papers. I adore her. She is a B as most of his broodmares really were. A few were A sized. He had a large farm actually a couple of farms with horses EVERYWHERE![/SIZE]

Actually Silver the older he is the more apt he is to have AMHA papers. Mr Williams had a falling out with AMHA and refused in later years to use their registry because of that. His younger stock would be all R except those that the new owners took A or that he purchased with A papers already.

Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:
My girl is Kiara Brook Bethany she is by Hillside Prince x Cassilis Fizzy.

She is actually registered pony not horse as her dam and sire are both reg ponies.

She is a pretty brown bucky filly shes done really well so far in the show ring she only turned 1yr at the start of December. And she is so sweet
wub.gif

No I didnt breed her the WA delegate for AMPS did she owns both of Bethanys parents aswell Hillside Prince was brought here (WA) from Tassie.

Do you have a pic of your girl you can post ?? (Grawood are they the stud that breeds mini donkeys aswell??)

biggrin.gif

Last edited:
lyn_j said:
Actually Silver the older he is the more apt he is to have AMHA papers. Mr Williams had a falling out with AMHA and refused in later years to use their registry because of that. His younger stock would be all R except those that the new owners took A or that he purchased with A papers already.

Lyn[/size]

523495[/snapback]

....thanks lyn, I knew he had a falling out with the AMHA so that is why I thought they would only be R. I see I had my thinking in reverse there. Thanks for clearing up my mind on that one
smile.gif
I get things backwards now and again.

I knew he had passed on, and some of the horses were sold without papers, some on my horses have DelTerra bloodlines also.

A girlfriend and I had the opportunity the year before Mr. Williams died to visit him and the farm where he lived. A very nice gentleman.

That's right, Grawood Stud breed quite a few different animals in Miniature. Colleen is a very good friend of mine, and I have known her for about 11 years now. I purchased a lot of my first minis off of her, and Missy is the only one I have still. She turned 10 years this year and I got her at 10 months old.

Here she is............

DCP_0260.jpg

saludando.gif
Nicole

WOW Missy is the most gorgeous rich colour!!!

Saw an ad for Grawood I think it may have been in horse deals and thought the mini donkeys were adorable (pretty colours aswell)

Trying to find pics of Bethanys family tree (for my own interest) its harder than I thought
laugh.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Just wanted to add that I did hardship Bailey after I got her from Judy PErry who had bought her from the Del Tera Sale. She is one of my most refined and bold moving mares. JC Williams was a lovely little old man....... Great sense of humor. He was in his 80s when he passed.[/SIZE]

Lyn

I believe the falling out Mr Williams had with AMHA was due to AMHA requiring only one stallion to a field of Mares. Tony has stories about visits to the farm.

Thanks, she's been getting darker each year. She's registered as a Chestnut roan, although not a true roan, so i'm not sure why they registered her as that, but her sire is a silver dapple bay, and I think she is carrying the silver gene as she has white hairs throughout her coat as well.

I have been collecting pics of my horses pedigrees over the years, and i'm getting quite a collection now. It is quite hard, especially here in Australia, as a lot of people don't have information on their pedigrees let alone pics other than sire & dam available.

saludando.gif
Nicole

Yes she is dark I just love it !!!

Just have to keep at it hopefully I can slowly get a few more for both my minis. Thanks for your help
biggrin.gif

saludando.gif

Last edited:
I have met a lot of people on the phone looking for pictures of horses in my pedigrees,

In all my searching through historical publications, I have not seen a photo of Paycheck.

I do, however, have pretty good sources that knew Mr. Williams and his horses and I believe his registration procedures were pretty lackadaisical.

One story involves going to the farm to pick out a foal and the new owner getting to choose which stallion they wanted on the papers....? Yikes. But, yes, he was a nice person, just didn't see the value of pedigrees being accurate, it would seem.

I have one old mare here, Dell Tera's Betty, and she is a Dell Tera's Hippy daughter, from what we can determine. Her dam is listed as Dell Tera's Margo, but then, it looks like there were a couple of "Margo's" so I don't really know a lot about my mare's history, and it was only a few years ago that I found out who she really was. She was born in 1976, and is enjoying her retirement here.

If I ever see Paycheck, though, I will make a note and try to get the picture posted here.
smile.gif

Liz M.

[SIZE=14pt]Yes there were a few farms , well not so few, in the beginning that werent keen on making sure papers were what was true.... I have visited 5 that were like that![/SIZE]

Lyn

Yes there were a few farms , well not so few, in the beginning that werent keen on making sure papers were what was true.... I have visited 5 that were like that!
Unfortunately, a lot of my research has yielded the same information as far as poor record keeping and little regard for truthful paperwork, if any.

Big name farms/small name farms and some of them doing it out of sheer greed and deception such as a local farm that had a "non public" lot they kept their broodmares that were too ugly or oversize or unreg., etc. you name it, from being viewed by the public. They were all exposed to stallions and if they had babies, well, those babies would suddenly become orphans or rejected by "that" mare (one they pointed to that looked agreeable in the "viewing" lot), so hence they purchased a hideously deformed and in foal pinto dwarf mare, hoping to add her foal to the roster of saleable yet sadly "orphaned" babies, even though her prior two foals had to be removed in pieces. So sad. This was even before I owned minis that I heard this from someone I trust very much and had no reason to tell me otherwise at the time (I was not buying anything from either person, it was just a "story"). The latter example of deception is completely immoral and the previous examples such as laziness were regrettable, yet to me, a little more excusable. I hope there is no more room for this type of breeding/sale practices. Sorry to get so off topic.

Liz M.

Interesting how things were done in the beginning Liz, and very sad indeed, as the outcome for some of these horses wouldn't have been a happy one.

It would be great if you can find anything out on Paycheck and i'm sure Jaysie will feel the same.............thanks, and I look forward to hearing about anything you find out.

saludando.gif
Nicole

Latest posts

Back