Dec Issue of Miniature Horse World

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donna

Reaction score
I was so excited to see the baby pic I sent in for the contest, must not have had her registered before they picked, I don't know, she looked like a winner to me, but oh well, they used her pic in their ad for the 2007 Beautiful Baby contest so I guess someone must of thought she was cute, LOL, I sure do! Equusite did and thanks to all of you who did to! The ad is on page 190 in the Dec. Issure of Miniature Horse World magazine.

equusite.jpg

if you read the entry rules carefully you will see that by entering you give them permission to use your picture for pretty much whatever they want including website, ads etc. I do think they should at least put the persons full farm name.

I sold a design to better homes and garden giving them rights for the design instructions for one year. What I didnt know was they had picture rights forever. They kept using my designs picture in ads even 4 years later and i got zilch.

I really do not mind, but does seem like they could at least acknowledge the farm,
default_sad.png
In maybe tiny print, LOL
default_wink.png
:

Thanks Donna, now I know who he belongs too, I too agree with you. Sorry but I would mind.
default_wub.png
:

What a gorgeous baby!!!I just loved that pic (i voted)!!Congrats!!It would have been nice though if they did achnowlege (sp?) the farm, o well at least everyone gets to see your beautiful baby!!!
default_wub.png
:

What a beautiful filly and photo!

Did they take her name off in the magazine? I will have to look in my book - it is listed on the ad you just posted. VGF is your farm or did they add the initials like that ?

One of my fillies was used one December issue as well. Only a photo of "Sassy" with a child petting her and no comments at all, no name at all, just a page of photos at World that year. But I was still proud she was in there!

Beth

It was mentioned in the Announcing issue in Aug, 2006 that some horses did not get picked because they had not yet been registered. This filly was born in Jan 06 and I always wait till all my babies are born to send in all my paperwork. I am pretty sure when this contest was announced that I did not read that requirement. I only remember that the pics were to have the horses name the dam and sire and farm contact information, but I could be wrong. I know this new ad for 2007 does not mention that the foals have to be registered. So with that said , GET THOSE BABIES REGISTERED BEFORE YOU SEND IN THE PICTURE!
default_yes.gif
: Here she is in the fall of 06

IMG_0348-2.jpg

The Miniature Horse World policy does not allow identification of horses used for editorial pictures. It could be considered by some as free advertising, so that is the reason. Anyone wishing to submit good interesting miniature pictures at 300 DPI are welcome to send to AMHA. They are always looking for good shots and welcome submissions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved her foal pic(and I voted for her on Equusite :bgrin )......but her rearing pic is beautiful too!
default_wub.png
:

Donna i thought that was one of you foals from last year when i saw the picture. She is one pretty filly. Aubrey

Latest posts

Back