Dealing with a dying parent

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry {{{{{{{Sonya}}}}}}}
default_crybaby.gif

I am so sorry, but so very glad you had the opportunity to be there with him. We may not see it this way when we are in those shoes, but just as I was told when I cared for my grandmother, it is an honor bestowed on us. Yes every last bit, even the parts where pleasantries are not to be found, it is a humbling honor, once we get past our grief and many times anger at those around us that have not stepped up to the plate, we realize we have done our best to be there to hold a hand, comfort one another, give the well deserved dignity to our loved one and in the process find a certain healing power that is hard to put into words.

Thankyou very much everyone. I haven't had a chance to really grieve much yet. A couple hours after my Dad passed I had to clean up my parents bedroom for my Mom's arrival. Clean his meds up, change linens, rearrange the bedside toliet, hospital table, etc...for my Mom. Make all notifications. We brought my Mom home almost exactly 12 hours after he passed. I had to carry my Mom and have been changing her depends and cleaning her. On Sat I went to the funeral home and took care of arrangements. I did not sleep for 2 nights and slept very little the third as I was up checking on my Mom constantly and cleaning up after my 2 messy sisters. I decided to leave yesterday after picking up my Dad's ashes (yesterday was his birthday). I had permission to stay longer from my work but my husband begged me to come home or he was coming to get me. My other sisters are with my Mom and it is time for them to step up to the plate. I finally had a descent nights sleep last night in my own bed last night and a really good cry with my husband holding me and crying with me. I thought this would be easier, but it's not. Time will heal I know. My Dad did not want a viewing or memorial and wished to be cremated. We are having a party in May at a park that was named after my Father (Olson Park), it is were my Father was born and grew up and where his ashes will be scattered. Thankyou again everyone for your kind words, advice, and cyber hugs through my difficult time. I was my Dad's little girl....the one he took hunting, fishing, camping, boating (I have no brothers) and that is something I am so proud to have shared with him. Many hugs to everyone and thanks again.

Sonya,

My heart is with you. How well I remember being where you are now, with my dear Mother; it is very hard, but I feel sure we will be with our loved ones again someday.

With a hug,

Margo

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back