Deacon goes on parade!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathan Luszcz

Reaction score
Deacon went to the CSU Homecoming parade today! A local language school asked for us to be part of their float, and since we missed the deadline, we said sure! (We being me and Dawn, owner of Legacy Stables where I board)

Last night: This is not Deacon, its Gumby (and Dawn's leg). He's about 2-3 hands taller than Deacon. He looks thrilled, no?

51.jpg

Deacon drying after his bath.

52.jpg

53.jpg

Yes, that's a sweatshirt tied around his belly
default_smile.png

54.jpg

This morning:

Cleaning all Gumby's spots he decided to make for himself last night.

55.jpg

Loading up the truck... Deacon rode in the cab like usual, Gumby got the trailer to himself.

56.jpg

At the parade starting point in the horse area. We got our own area! Everyone else had to assemble in a crowd of a bunch of other people, the horses got an entire block to themselves

57.jpg

58.jpg

We appropriated the whole section of road for ourselves.
default_smile.png

59.jpg

All ready to go!

60.jpg

That's the begining of the parade in the background.

61.jpg

Off we go!!

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

Then we had to walk home ourselves, through downtown Fort Collins. I just missed taking a picture of the bus that passed us, he turned to the right before I could dig out the camera.

65.jpg

It was the fifth time we hitched, and the second time he's been in that large of a crowd before so it was a MAJOR success in our minds
default_smile.png
He got very upset at the end, but settled quickly because the crowd dispersed with the end of the parade. He stood still waiting for it to start for TWO HOURS hitched up, another hour before he hitched. Then an hour for the parade. We were all EXTREMELY pleased with him
default_smile.png
I couldn't have been luckier!

Great Pictures They looked good together/ :aktion033: CONGRADULATIONS :aktion033:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictures...thanks for sharing and letting us have a look see of your parade. Looks like alot of FUN! The horses look great, the people look like they're enjoying themselves and the fall foliage is beautiful!
default_yes.gif
:

Both horses looked very nice Nathan. I'm glad you had such a nice day too ., the weather looks great up there. So are you into collecting the black and whites? They sure look showy and might make a great team someday for you. Thank you for sharring all the pictures.

Those were great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Your horses looked wonderful.

Both horses looked very nice Nathan. I'm glad you had such a nice day too ., the weather looks great up there. So are you into collecting the black and whites?
Thank you! It was 80 degrees when I was driving home from the barn after the parade.
default_smile.png
I only have two horses, my brown QH and the little pinto. The bigger pinto is owned by the barn and used for a lesson horse. He's probably close to 11 hands tall. But if I could I certainly would collect black/whites... I absolutely love them
default_smile.png
Someday I'll get a gypsy, then an AMPT with a bald head...
default_smile.png
I love pintos.

Thank you all for the comments
default_smile.png
If he can stand this parade for 4+ hours, its time to get him ready to bring to the nursing home
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I didn't know CSU was having a parade! If you hear about another one and need more minis, feel free to give me a holler.

Glad they did well! FT Collins is not an easy place to take a horse too...

Yes, it was their annual homecoming parade. There wasn't much notice, other than people like me who were stupid enough to want to be part of it (with horses, that is, unproven horses at that) and those who wanted to skip town to avoid the crowd. How close to Fort Collins are you? I'd love to see other minis... I've only known a handful of them before. I could bring Deacon to visit
default_smile.png

:aktion033: Nathan, Deacon looked amazing hitched up, I loved the 'passengers' and the sign on the back of your cart. :aktion033: :saludando:

Yvonne

Looks like ya'll had a good time.............and love Deacon's color.........

Back