Daylight Savings starting early this year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm excited and ready for more daylight, myself!

I don't mind changing a computer clock, and I would do that if I were you, because your emails and such are stamped w/the times...

L.

I'm so excited about the early time change! It couldn't have picked a better year to start as it will make all the difference in the world for my last month's worth of conditoning for Ram Tap. Instead of only being able to lunge for a few minutes after work (something I've only been able to do for the last couple of weeks anyway) I'll be able to drive! Woot! :risa8:

Mornings are nothing to me, it just means I look at brakelights on my morning commute instead of scenery. Heck, I'll get to watch the sunrise again! So I guess even that's positive. If I wasn't working it wouldn't matter because it would be the same amount of daylight no matter what, as some people have stated, but for me it means so much more usable time after work. Woohoo!

Can those of you with sleep problems ease into the change by moving your bedtime back a little bit at a time over a week, or would that not help? Nothing says you have to do it all at once just because the clocks do.
default_unsure.png
:

Leia

It's actually going to work out to my benefit - I work nights this weekend and get one hour LESS of work!

Can those of you with sleep problems ease into the change by moving your bedtime back a little bit at a time over a week, or would that not help? Nothing says you have to do it all at once just because the clocks do.
default_unsure.png
:

Leia

Over the last 20 years or so I've tried just about everything, including doing it gradually. Nothing helps. In fact the gradual change tends to make the insomnia problems last longer... Or at least it did before it got so bad that I don't fully recover from it for months anyway. I've even been under the care of doctor to try and make it less drastic (several years ago it screwed up my sleep so bad that I was literally getting no sleep at all and after several days I started to hallucinate, it was scary). After a couple of years the doctor basically said, "You just don't adjust well to the time change, the only thing I can recommend is that you move some place that doesn't have a time change."
default_wacko.png
: and to be honest, it is bad enough that if it weren't for the fact that i refuse to move my daughter away from her grandparents and her dad I'd be relocating because of this.

well i see no one from my point of view has posted yet so :saludando: here's my take on it all: i agree with those who say, pick a time and LEAVE IT! i AM in AZ so WE don't change, but it's heck on us to try to remember if all the relatives are an hour behind or ahead or the same... or two hours instead of three hours difference. :ugh: :ugh: even when they say spring forward and fall back it's hard for me to remember who is going in what direction.

and i have one atomic clock, automatically keeps time from a radio signal out of Colorado of all things... so twice a year i have to tell the clock it has moved to a different time zone or it will be off by an hour...
default_wacko.png
:

maybe we should all write to our congressmen and tell them we want to KILL daylight savings time
default_wink.png
:

I don't like it and never did. Why not just start work one hour earlier and get off one hour earlier. Why screw with the clocks and etc. I remember when the girls were babies, and it took me weeks to get their schedules changed. It only takes a few days for my internal clock to adjust, but I can't see the need for "fooling" our systems into thinking it is 6 A.M. when actually it is 7. As stated on another post, there are only so many hours of daylight, so if you want more, get up and get started earlier!

don't forget that tonight is the night, everyone...

I'm going to go stomp around angrily and change the clocks soon, hehehe...

Clocks are changed and kids ar in bed, I hate this! I will be to work when it is dark and home when it is dark, it doesn't help me much
default_smile.png
But I love it in the summer, not sure i understand why we did it three weeks early, but ok.

I haven't read all the responses..but i'm psyced about the time change.. living in maine we get so little light it means days are getting longer and things are going to warm up! YAY!! Anyhow I had a thought..why bother with worrying abut the computer? Just set it for the next time zone!

:aktion033: :risa8: :risa8: :new_multi: :new_multi:
default_cheers.gif
: :cheeky-smiley-006: :488: :488: :538: :538: :worshippy:
default_thumbup.gif
:

Woohoo! Doing the happy dance here!! Going to change all my clocks right now and go to bed! Sorry for those of you who aren't looking forward to it, but I look forward to this day every year! :aktion033:

I also LOVE the time change and am SOOO ready for it to be lighter later in the evening!! :aktion033: :aktion033: Yes, I will be going to work in the dark again, but the view from where I work of the sunrise is amazing and now I'll get to see it again every morning!! :aktion033:

Well, I decided to NOT set my computer clock last night when I went to bed, and noticed this morning when I turned it on, it had made the adjustment by itself, so I guess that is one thing they managed to get fixed in time for this new change! However, I did notice that there was no "message" displayed as there normally is announcing the adjustment for daylight savings time as there normally is when it happens.

Mine was changed also... :aktion033: and not by me....

Now that is weird, our time is now 12:56 and look at the time on top says 1:56 two hours ahead....

Last edited by a moderator:
My computer change automatically too. No announcement for daylight savings, but it changed.

` I did nothing also and my computer was set at the correct time as well as my Cell Phone Cool. Now there was an Update done by Microsoft and those that have their machines and are running XP with SP2 or newer were Updated, nothing else needed to be done.

I should have also added those running with Windows 2,000 also got updated with Microsoft's critical updates that is if you have your machines set for automatic updates which Everyone should be doing.....

Mine was changed also... :aktion033: and not by me....

Now that is weird, our time is now 12:56 and look at the time on top says 1:56 two hours ahead....

To correct the time that is showing for postes on the Forums, click on My Controls, then in the left column, under Options, is Board Settings.

There is a little box that says Auto Correct DST . Click on it and another will drop down. Make sure both are unchecked.

I love the time change, but being a Computing Systems Analyst, I would say that it caused me huge headaches at work! And it didn't go as smooth as we'd like, some minor issues, so I was up working until 10 p.m. last night and up again working this morning at 5 a.m. (which happened to feel every bit like 4 a.m.!). I am thinking I will be snoozing easy tonight! And celebrating the extra hour of daylight at the end of the day tonight...being up here in the north, it makes a BIG difference to us!

Latest posts

Back